Event Management Solutions QLD Gravity Enduro Series

chickendrinker

Cannon Fodder
Top day! I didn't get to race due to illness but it was great entertainment and I loved the chillin' atmosphere.
It was great to see two regular riding buddies get on the C class podium. Legends!
Looking forward to the next enduro at Garapine! Fantastic tracks.

DanDan1994

Likes Dirt
Hey guys just wondering when the next entrys will be out for mt joyce? And roughly how much itll cost to enter? Love all your work guys!

wavike

Likes Dirt
Cancelled

Quote: Stinky

MT JOYCE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL CANCELLED.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

DUE TO A RANGE OF FACTORS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPOSED UPON THIS EVENT BY SEQ WATER AND A LACK OF ENTRIES TO DATE, EVENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA HAVE RELUCTANTLY TAKEN THE DECISION NOT TO TAKE THIS EVENT ANY FURTHER. SOME OF THESE FACTORS INCUDE SIGNIFICANT COSTS THAT HAVE ONLY JUST BEEN RAISED BY THE VENUE MANAGER, WHICH CONTRIBUTE TO THE EVENT NO LONGER BEING VIABLE.

EVENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA, TOOK ON THE ROLE OF HOSTING THE XCO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AND THE FINAL ROUND OF THE SEQ MTB DH SERIES DUE TO A SHORTAGE OF LOCAL CLUBS PREPARED TO SUPPORT THE SERIES. EMSA IS HAPPY AND PROUD TO VOLUNTEER TIME AND RESOURCES TOWARDS THIS EVENT IN THE INTERESTS OF MOUNTAIN BIKING BUT IS NOT IN A POSITION TO RISK FINANCIAL LOSSES FOR THE SPORT.

EVENT MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA WILL WORK WITH QLD CLUBS IN AN EFFORT TO RELOCATE THE XC AND DH EVENTS. WE WILL BE REVIEWING OUR STRATEGY WITH REGARDS TO THE GRAVITY ENDURO FORMAT OF RACING IN THE FUTURE.

ALL PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED WILL BE OFFERED A FULL REFUND AND WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE SUPPLIED E-MAIL WITHIN 48 HOURS TO PROCESS THAT REFUND.

EMSA WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THE SERIES AND EVENT SPONSORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT OF MOUNTAIN BIKING IN QLD.

ALL ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO INFO@EMSAUSTRALIA.NET.AU

DanDan1994

Likes Dirt
SAME!! Me and a few mates were going to sign up today and woke to see this.. :( Never how you want to start a day off.... :'(

BB1

Likes Dirt
Yup... damn annoying. I've been away and hadn't registered, had a few of us lined up for the gravity enduro.

From what I see the XCO is being run by a different club, but the DH and GE have been cancelled.

Hoping I can get to the Garapine event... I need some form of racing! As Andy said, let's show what sort of turnout we can get so these things run.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well the Garapine Gathering Gravity Enduro is done and dusted. Thanks to Gravity MTB and Andy Fellows for putting on an excellent event and to Stinky for running the timing. Congrats to Mike Zande for taking out the win in A grade. It was as hot as hell, with my Garmin saying it was over 35 in the shade. The track was dry and loose, making for totally different racing to the last event there a couple of months ago. With 30minutes to the top I played a time game to try and get to the top with just a couple of minutes before having to start the next track so as not to cool down. Between tracks 3 and 4 one of the riders had a big crash landing of his sternum on a rock and busting both his wrists. So we had to wait for this to be sorted before we could start track 4 and some of the competitors could run track 3 again.

Only a smallish group of racers (approx 40) turned up. Not sure why, as I saw the race advertised everywhere, but alot of people said they didn't know about it. This is the "BEST" IMO form of racing. Was interesting to see the top of the table in A grade mostly full of ex Vet DHers.