Evil DRS Vs. Blackspire Dewlie

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
The chain slappin' noise and slipping and dropping on my 03 Stinky is pissing me off so I figure it's time for a chain device, but I'm not willing to give up the granny wheel. The DRS or Dewlie seem like the best options and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about 'em. Cheers.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have the dewlie the only thing i'd lie to change is to be able to get a bigger ring in other than that i love it

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think you can get Evil DRS guides in Australia. Only the SRS was available last time I checked.

There's also a dual ring guide made by MRP. I think it's called the LRP.

S.

ex offender
Dirt Devil said:
I don't think you can get Evil DRS guides in Australia. Only the SRS was available last time I checked.

Don't buy an MRP over the Evil, for two reasons:
1. The Evil has the lexan bashguard
2. MRP stole Evil's roller design for their LRP

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
the bashguard on the LRP is just a joke
nothing like the 14mm of goodnes on the Evil

gotta totally agree with you sxereturn

the Evil SRS is pure quality havent dropped a chain yet it works like a treat, i assume that the DRS would be up the same standard according to ppl in the US it is

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Socket said:
Dirt Devil said:

but you have a lexan bash guard too..... :?

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Well everyone on that Ridemonkey forum is sure talking up the DRS. I had been leaning that way anyway, and the fact that you can run up to a 40t on it has clinched it I think.

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Dirt Devil said:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt. We do both guides in Oz, but we sold out of DRS guides almost right away. We have a decent number comming in our next order with HEAPS of SRS guides and small parts.

The one DRS we gave to our team rider (Bruce Hamley) has been awesome and he has raced his Shore in DH and 4X with it on and never lost a chain. The bashguard on the SRS and DRS kills all the rest for strength and weight. It's much bigger but still lighter and won't bend or dent like the alloy ones. The 04 DRS guides have a soft roller now and are much quieter than the 03's also.

Our order is in production right now. They are still not ready at Evil/E-13's end so we'll have guides as soon as they are done!! With any luck they'll be in stock for December.

Keep in touch with your stores for details.

-Derek

S.

ex offender
Derek Yates said:
Dirt Devil said:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt. We do both guides in Oz, but we sold out of DRS guides almost right away. We have a decent number comming in our next order with HEAPS of SRS guides and small parts.

The one DRS we gave to our team rider (Bruce Hamley) has been awesome and he has raced his Shore in DH and 4X with it on and never lost a chain. The bashguard on the SRS and DRS kills all the rest for strength and weight. It's much bigger but still lighter and won't bend or dent like the alloy ones. The 04 DRS guides have a soft roller now and are much quieter than the 03's also.

Our order is in production right now. They are still not ready at Evil/E-13's end so we'll have guides as soon as they are done!! With any luck they'll be in stock for December.

-Derek
How many guides are you bringing in? ie is there going to be plenty to go around?

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Evil/E-13 Guides

Socket said:
How many guides are you bringing in? ie is there going to be plenty to go around?
Sorry, I can't give you exact numbers but there are a lot on order. Without a crystal ball you never know if there will be enough to go around. I guess we'll see. There will be more and more if the sales are good so if the riding public (you guys) support the brand then there will be more products and a better range.

-Derek

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Derek Yates said:
Dirt Devil said:

-Derek
Thanks for the update Derek. I'll be sure to grab one when they arrive.

dave

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

I have a DRS on my Ironhorse. Been riding for six months now and never last a chain. I run a 28/38 rings on it and they cover most things. I cant say enough good things about them. Get it and you wont be disappointed.

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Evil / E-13 Guides

bassmonkey said:
Thanks for the heads up, Derek. What kind of retail price will we be looking at for them over here?
As a wholesaler we don't (and can't) set retails. You need to talk to your local shop who can give you those prices. If they give us a call we can give them all the info they need.

-Derek