AM Evil Following

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
Lovely looking bike. That's some shit luck to get the brand spankin' new weapon hailed upon.

Can't get over how big the Hans Dampf has blown up on the front - must be damn near scrubbing the arch!

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Have only just completed my build. I've stuck with 120 mm travel front and rear as i have a Banshee Prime (150 mm Fork) for chunky stuff.
Haven't even got the Evil's wheels dirty yet... have the day off Wednesday, so will get dirty then.

My Evil.jpg

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Have only just completed my build. I've stuck with 120 mm travel front and rear as i have a Banshee Prime (150 mm Fork) for chunky stuff.
Haven't even got the Evil's wheels dirty yet... have the day off Wednesday, so will get dirty then.

View attachment 316953
My wallet is hurting just looking at those forks.......

Looking at fitting some sort of stanchion protection?

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt

View attachment 316953
Pls line up the 'Maxxis' with the yellow valve triangle for all of us OCD people
pleeaaasseeee
Otherwise I'm in love with these builds, looks like such a versatile bike

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks awesome FatMuz! I'd love to ride it compared to mine to see how it feels at 120mm with a more xc type setup. Get back to me on your ride impressions!

ScooterXC, I'm surprised no one picked me out for not doing this on my build. Maybe it's because the Schwalbe logo isn't bright yellow

will2

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome FatMuz! I'd love to ride it compared to mine to see how it feels at 120mm with a more xc type setup. Get back to me on your ride impressions!

ScooterXC, I'm surprised no one picked me out for not doing this on my build. Maybe it's because the Schwalbe logo isn't bright yellow
You buying him a new bottle of tubeless sealant and 1 hour too?

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
these EVIL Followings look amazing... love the new Dave Weagle delta link theory. Seems solid.

I get bored sometimes, so if you are in Melbourne let me know, would be happy to get take some photos for you.

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Anyone that has a new model Evil out there, we now have stocks of a few small spares, Angle sets and Hangers available locally. More to come too.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone that has a new model Evil out there, we now have stocks of a few small spares, Angle sets and Hangers available locally. More to come too.
Awesome news Stu! Will be in contact at some stage to grab a spare hanger off you. Also, any news on when this sucker is dropping? Looks like the perfect bike to complement my Following :nod:

Attachments

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Awesome news Stu! Will be in contact at some stage to grab a spare hanger off you. Also, any news on when this sucker is dropping? Looks like the perfect bike to complement my Following :nod:
Not too sure Slider Phil, frame/bike sales are still handled directly through Evil US, kevin didn't let on the release date when I spoke to him last week.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have made a few changes over the last couple of weeks.

Thought I'd try Absolute Black's oval chainring. Haven't been on a proper ride yet but after the first 30 second's I didn't even notice the feeling. If it speeds up my climbs I'll be happy!

Fitted a 50mm stem today to try it over the 40mm. Just testing to see how it corners and climbs differently. Also fitted the K-Edge Garmin holder a couple of months ago and love it.

Also thought that 200mm/180mm rotor combo was a bit overboard for a trail bike so I bought a 160mm to try out 180/160 and see how it goes. Saves a bit of weight and shouldn't affect braking too much. Also fitted a DT Swiss rear axle to replace the stock Formula axle. It's the number one complaint about the bike as it sometimes works it's way loose. Have heard Evil has a replacement for it now so will look into it.

And how it looks currently! Still madly in love with how it rides. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd like lately so it leaves me too much time to browse forums and webstores which leads to spending more money .

pwoar that's looking good!

interested to see if you notice much improvement with the oval chainring, will most likely be going down the wolftooth path fairly soon

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Expression of interest time. Curiosity gets the better off me and am (maybe stupidly) considering trying the new Canfield Riot out so thinking of selling this frame and using the bits on the Canfield.

Anyone interested feel free to PM me. Will include the FSA headset and the Race Face bottom bracket. Frame has nearly ridden 500kms and has had a Frame Skin on since new.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah yes, forgot to mention it's a medium. Sorry to those who had to dig through the thread to find that out

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When in Rome! I may end up regretting my decision as there's not a whole lot of info out there as yet on the Riot, but looking at the numbers it looks like a killer rig.

On that note, frame is officially up for sale, $3500. Note that it will cost over 4k to get one into the country so I think it's a fair price on a near new frame. Happy to have people test ride it if they're keen although I do live 3 hours away from Melbourne. Happy to meet at some trails in Ararat or Ballarat for serious buyers.

Placed my order with Rod at Crankin for a medium Riot in Raw with a Cane Creek CB air this afternoon. So there'll be a new build thread in the next few weeks

Will put up a thread in the classifieds tonight

Last edited: