Evil Undead!

needaride

Likes Dirt
Sorry if its already been covered, but is the suspension design on this new carbon bike the same as the old alloy model? Because I have heard murmurs that it wasnt just a dodgy factory that was the cause of the previous failures, but also a bit of a dodgy design, too many forces on too many welds and average pivots??? Not ragging on the bikes, never ridden one.. just wondering?

tumble

Likes Dirt
you can already buy them off fanatik....
but they look nice and so does brook mcdonalds
Not quite yet. They've put them up but are not taking pre-orders yet...
Fanatik Bike Co said:
Fanatik will be selling the Undead, and we will begin accepting pre-orders soon. Once final pricing, sizing, color details are worked out, we'll launch a great pre-order deal for those looking to get one of these as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for further details.
I'd say it'll be a long wait.

heavyp

You heard it here first
This is from a german translation so im not to sure if its correct.
The new Undead Revolt is based on the current aluminum model. One of the biggest differences is that the undead can no longer manage with a floating damper. The lower shock end is now attached to the main frame and no longer in the rear, as is the case in Revolt. The Undead is one of the few DH bikes, in which both main frame and swingarm are made of carbon. Is important to mention at this point that you have completely abandoned the Undead aluminum inserts in the frame. Eye pierce the two down tubes, plastic protectors. Serves to lower the protection from stone chips, so filled with the upper one very special to us Europeans, perhaps not quite comprehensible purpose - the protector is to protect the down tube when flying up on the tailgate of a pickup truck. More we want to take this opportunity to not reveal the new Evil Carbon downhill, because all other details will you betray Evil Has Kevin Walsh himself - we had Kevin get in Champery front of the camera, the video you will later this week to see .
Evil_Undead_Carbon_Proto-2.jpg
Evil_Undead_Carbon_Proto-3.jpg
Evil_Undead_Carbon_Proto-7.jpg

haltz

Likes Dirt
if i rode an alloy one and cracked it id rather they give me the money over a carbon one, im not keen on carbon dh bike all together but if a company had trouble engineering a bike in alloy would you trust it in carbon?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if i rode an alloy one and cracked it id rather they give me the money over a carbon one, im not keen on carbon dh bike all together but if a company had trouble engineering a bike in alloy would you trust it in carbon?
There`s been a few good write ups about this frame , if they get it right it will be up there . What do you think of the new V10 ?

haltz

Likes Dirt
i havnt checked it out, i try not to look at other bikes too much im the type of person to get over excited and buy one then worry bout the money later haha not good. Like i said though im just not a fan or carbon dh bikes all together might get struck down for saying it but just being honest

Last edited:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
im not keen on carbon dh bike all together but if a company had trouble engineering a bike in alloy would you trust it in carbon?
They didn't have any trouble with engineering the bike as far as I can tell, more that Pacific (who actually manufactured the frames) screwed them over... The Carbon one is being built by a different company, pretty sure its Hodaka? I'd be willing to bet that the finished product will be ace.

As for the Carbon bike hate, do some reading... It will change your mind. :)

haltz

Likes Dirt
yer its only a theoretical dislike haha ill wait til i ride one, no review can tell you what your gonna think of something

haltz

Likes Dirt
exactly. I think youll either have to have factory team support or a plus 150,000 a year job to keep replacing carbon bikes

TallGuy

Likes Bikes
"The Undead is one of the few DH bikes, in which both main frame and swingarm are made of carbon."
confusing much?
evil2.JPGevil1.JPG

shiny, alloy-looking carbon?

Hmmmm...