Examples of great trails in national parks

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
There is a good little loop in Darwin that runs through Charles Darwin national park. There probably about 20km worth of single track, I think there was an article in the AMB places that rock issue.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Glenrock is a state conservation reserve , but it's managed by NPWS- so not a National park. Bit of a learning curve for NPWS to be taking over areas that are previous state rec areas .
Thats not entirely true. The only thing stopping Glenrock from being full blown NP is the fact it has coal reserves under it. Its easier to mine a conservation area than it is to mine a full NP.

Anyway, more on the cards in Glenrock. We have had some very positive meetings with all levels of the NPWS in the last few weeks. Now looking at amendments of the POM to reopen the south and introduce a few corridors in the north.

If this comes off it will be a huge improvement on the current network.

bpow

Likes Dirt
Thats not entirely true. The only thing stopping Glenrock from being full blown NP is the fact it has coal reserves under it. Its easier to mine a conservation area than it is to mine a full NP.

Anyway, more on the cards in Glenrock. We have had some very positive meetings with all levels of the NPWS in the last few weeks. Now looking at amendments of the POM to reopen the south and introduce a few corridors in the north.

If this comes off it will be a huge improvement on the current network.
Nice work. Glenrock definitely seems to be a great example of what can happen if a good relationship between park management and riders is formed. Great trails that are built sustainably and with parks approval will be a great asset for the community now and into the future.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Nice work. Glenrock definitely seems to be a great example of what can happen if a good relationship between park management and riders is formed. Great trails that are built sustainably and with parks approval will be a great asset for the community now and into the future.
For that matter yellowmundi is conservation park managed by NPs. Hosted some massive events through the years

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's Nerang National Park on the Gold Coast. As yet only three legalised trails, but 50km more that have been designated by QPWS as MTB trails pending IMBA standard renovation so they can be legalised.