EXO or Snakeskin casing?

JonnyH

Likes Bikes
As an aside, when people write RR in relation to Schwalbe tyres, are they referring to Rocket Ron or Racing Ralph? I dont rate the Rocket Ron but the Racing Ralph is excellent.
RaRa is Racing Ralph, RoRo for Rocket Ron. Confusingly you now have a RaRo (Rapid Rob) and a RoRa (Rock Razor). I think most people who say RR would refer to a Racing Ralph's.

Seriously Schwalbe help us out here!!!

I run 29x2.25 RaRa's evo snakeskin pacestar. They hold up well on the sidewalls, but I can ruin a rear tread in days! I got some performance RaRa's with a bike, now they have some seriously thin sidewalls - almost impossible to setup tubeless.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep I'll be running them tubeless, hence the concern about the sidewalls.

That's great to hear. I'm still pretty keen on the exo hr lls.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
the EXO TR are really easy to set up too . You must use sealant though . Pushys . Com always do great deals on tires too .

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've done about 1000KM on Hans Dampf snakeskins and I love them.

Can run low pressures, they grip like shit to a blanket - and rather durable too.
When you push Hans Dampfs hard they are useless!!

The squirm under cornering and braking and after two months (8 rides) the side nobs were half ripped off!!! I think they are one of the worst tyres I have used in a long time.

I now have High Roller IIs and sure they are a little on the heavy side but they grip like shit to a blanket and will out last the Hans Dampfs by a long way!

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
When you push Hans Dampfs hard they are useless!!

The squirm under cornering and braking and after two months (8 rides) the side nobs were half ripped off!!! I think they are one of the worst tyres I have used in a long time.

I now have High Roller IIs and sure they are a little on the heavy side but they grip like shit to a blanket and will out last the Hans Dampfs by a long way!
I'm running my Hans Dampf Tubeless and can't say I've experienced any squirm when cornering or braking. It's true that the TrailStar compound starts to deteriorate quickly but the PaceStar compound is much better in this regard.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm running my Hans Dampf Tubeless and can't say I've experienced any squirm when cornering or braking. It's true that the TrailStar compound starts to deteriorate quickly but the PaceStar compound is much better in this regard.
Your not pushing them hard enough then!

I have about 30 brand new tyres in my garage. From light weight XC tyres to DH tyres and everything in between. I have 3 bikes which get a lot of use.
My downhill tyres last around 2-3 days of runs and then they are rubbish!!

Hans Dampfs are one of the worst tyres I have used in the last couple of years! Hopeless!

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Your not pushing them hard enough then!
Your not riding smooth enough then. ;-)

Seriously though, the Dampf is not a DH tyre. How many other 2.35 DH tyres out there weigh 780g?

Use it for what it is, a Trail (AM) tyre. A fantastic one at that.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your not riding smooth enough then. ;-)

Seriously though, the Dampf is not a DH tyre. How many other 2.35 DH tyres out there weigh 780g?

Use it for what it is, a Trail (AM) tyre. A fantastic one at that.
I have won plenty of AM and DH races to prove otherwise!!!

I never said it was a DH tyre!!

As a trail tyre the Dampf on my Carbine lasted 4 rides before the side nobs were half ripped off. I did two rides at Old Mans Valley and two Oxford falls rides and they were shot! Not very good at all!!

There are plenty of people who have had these issues with them as well. Talk to a lot of the guys racing the NSW AM series!

I am sure the tyre would be ok if your not racing or pushing hard but when you want the tyre to be predictable, have good grip and last the Dampf would be the last on my list!