F1 2011

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm in and I've done my picks on the Superbru website, as follows:
Race winner
Fernando Alonso

Podium finishers (top 3, position irrelevant)
Mark Webber
Jenson Button
Fernando Alonso

Points finishers (4th - 10th, position irrelevant)
Sebastian Vettel
Michael Schumacher
Nico Rosberg
Nick Heidfeld
Rubens Barrichello
Adrian Sutil
Kamui Kobayashi

Fastest lap
Sebastian Vettel

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Lets Go.

Sweet and i am in and these are my picks.

Race winner Sebastian Vettel
Podium finishers (top 3)
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Fernando Alonso

Points finishers (4th - 10th)

Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Michael Schumacher
Nico Rosberg
Nick Heidfeld

Fastest lap Sebastian Vettel

And come on all you F1 heads lets make this a BIG year F1rotorburners....

hayd

Likes Dirt
Any burners going to the race?
Yeah, I'm going down for the first time. Cant wait. Has anyone that's been before got any advice on hearing protection? Are earplugs enough or should I be looking for something a bit more substantial?

My picks:
Race winner Mark Webber

Podium finishers (top 3 order irrelevant)
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Jenson Button

Points finishers (4th - 10th order irrelevant)
Lewis Hamilton
Fernando Alonso
Felipe Massa
Michael Schumacher
Nico Rosberg
Nick Heidfeld
Rubens Barrichello

Fastest lap Sebastian Vettel

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Any burners going to the race?
Grrr, I was totally set to go. Then things conspired against me; mainly that I forgot, and then couldn't afford it...:eek:

Gonna go join the tipping comp though.

Edit: I think I failed at joining the comp; it says my application is up for captains approval or something, but there was no option to put in the password thingo.
Did I fuck it up?

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
What are people's thoughts on this adjustable wing nonsense?!?! Just read through the rules and it seems like way too much of a faff to me.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
good

Edit: I think I failed at joining the comp; it says my application is up for captains approval or something, but there was no option to put in the password thingo.
Did I fuck it up?[/QUOTE]

Na its all good. I have to approve any 'new members joining'. They email me. So i have just accepted the new players.... So every1 start putting your picks in now.

I went last year and found that a good pair of earplugs was ok-as you are there for the noise-arnt you?? :D
Biggest advice i will give is to get one of those $4 popover raincoats with a hood/sleeves.
I got ours from BCF... they came in very handy as you can sit and be totally dry in the rain and bin it after-no carrying unbrellas all day.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
10mm

What are people's thoughts on this adjustable wing nonsense?!?! Just read through the rules and it seems like way too much of a faff to me.
Anything that helps overtacking into the braking zone is good.
They recon an xtra 10km/h down the straight and that the car being overtaken cannot respond. I think it sounds a good thing if what i have read is true.....might be to much overtaking.....grin

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I can't go this year and I'm spewing as once again it is my Birthday weekend and all I want for my BIRTHDAY IS A WEEKEND AT THE GRAND PRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also getting married in three weeks so that took care of my spend! Once the wedding is done the door swings in my direction so I'm going to book a trip to a Grand Prix overseas for our honeymoon. Hehehehe, she won't see that coming!

Like KERS, I think the adjustable rear wing will not make a big impact. I reckon they need to make any idea like that make a huge difference to the way the car acts and while this idea will do some of that, it isn't massive. I like Bernie's idea of watering some sections of the track! That is a great idea!

0psi

Eats Squid
Anything that helps overtacking into the braking zone is good.
They recon an xtra 10km/h down the straight and that the car being overtaken cannot respond. I think it sounds a good thing if what i have read is true.....might be to much overtaking.....grin
The adjustable wing itself I think is a good idea it's the rules that surround it that I've got a problem with, I think they should be able to use it as they please. You've got to be within a second of the car infront coming into a corner but then you can't activate the wing till a designated point after you exit the corner?!?! It's going to make racing interesting for the stewards at least.

Personally I think something needs to be done with the rules surrounding the aero package so that drafting becomes part racing again. Oh, and bring back friken refuelling!!

If any of the burners who'll be attending the F1 and have general admission tickets, are interested in having a Farkin Family outing shoot me a PM and we'll meet up and take over a bit of track. Shouldn't be too hard for a bunch of smelly bikers to get some good real estate.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
yes

The adjustable wing itself I think is a good idea it's the rules that surround it that I've got a problem with, I think they should be able to use it as they please. You've got to be within a second of the car infront coming into a corner but then you can't activate the wing till a designated point after you exit the corner?!?! It's going to make racing interesting for the stewards at least.

Personally I think something needs to be done with the rules surrounding the aero package so that drafting becomes part racing again. Oh, and bring back friken refuelling!!
Totally bring back refuelling - and aero should be a part of F1, but not THE most important part to a cars success. If you guys have read a few different interviews from Auto Fiction in the last month, the aero package is where all the money is spent these days.... I say limit it to say 100kgs at 200km/h etc or something....

Bit like my thoughts on V8's these days. For them piss off the aero completely and bring back spoilers that are cosmetic only, so we have power sliding outta corners, which affects straight line speed. And no aero brings braking back to squirily hold your breath, dive up the inside stuff.... not like the aero efficiency boring single line it is now.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Bit like my thoughts on V8's these days. For them piss off the aero completely and bring back spoilers that are cosmetic only, so we have power sliding outta corners, which affects straight line speed. And no aero brings braking back to squirily hold your breath, dive up the inside stuff.... not like the aero efficiency boring single line it is now.
Here! Here!
(I'll probably get flamed for this in an F1 thread:) )

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
spot on

Its spot on.
Remember those days racing was 3 wide everywhere-down straights and under braking....woah. Spoilers/aero - has a lot 2 answer for in my eyes in all motoesport - F1 and V8's. F1 in the 70s/80 had aero but it was a small % of the overall performance of the car....

And Brocks car is always welcome.... So thanks for the photo you - even though it not PB drivin

wombat

Lives in a hole
I think the key is all the mention of 'under braking'. It seems that the anchors on these cars are so good, that it's just too easy to pull the things up.

I say give the bastards little tiny rotors and make the cars hard to stop. Longer braking zones and less consistent, brillant performance should open up opportunities for passing in the braking zones for those who are brave, and carnage for those who are brave, and crap.:)

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
F1 is Go

I went to Bathurst yday for the Vodaphone demo.....WOW

Nearly 20 seconds under the lap record and they had maxxed out top gear/revs only a third of the way down conrod....
Oh to have "Bathurst gearing"...
The sound of just one F1 round Mt P was so Cool......

Are all your picks in for this wend?
Go the Red Bulls