XC Fairlight has arrived....

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah, I know it's not the worst thing that could happen, but riding with a swollen knee isn't fun. It'll calm down I'm sure.
Oh and the other riding thing is be careful about the dropper seat, pedalling with it too low , thats almost like squats.
I have a small area on my right knee and feel it straight away.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Oh and the other riding thing is be careful about the dropper seat, pedalling with it too low , thats almost like squats.
I have a small area on my right knee and feel it straight away.
I don't use a dropper. Never have. Hate the bloody things with a passion. I can see they are good for purpose, but I have never ridden any trails where I thought..." I wish I had a dropper post". I'm not that rad!
But thanks for the advice all the same. Makes sense.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I don't use a dropper. Never have. Hate the bloody things with a passion. I can see they are good for purpose, but I have never ridden any trails where I thought..." I wish I had a dropper post". I'm not that rad!
But thanks for the advice all the same. Makes sense.
Jeez Louise dont let them hear you say that.
Even I use them but I find the first 2-3 inches the most useful ha ha .
Great for fitting bikes on a bike rack .
Never understood why you would want a massive drop 175 cm or why people fit them on gravel bikes which have narrow drop bars FFS.
prolly the herd mentality , get the umbrella prepare for the shitstorm !!!!!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Never understood why you would want a massive drop 175 cm or why people fit them on gravel bikes which have narrow drop bars FFS.
The fact that I see at least one dropper in the shop every week that has shit itself, also doesn’t endear me to them. Most of them are crap. Badly made, and doomed to fail.
Herd mentality sells a lot of shite in the bike industry. It’s even been known to elect presidents of the USA.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Welp. So according to you I’m overbiked, the knobs on my tires are too big and my 200 dropper is too long. My hardtail/gravel bike has a dropper and I love it and use it even on the bike path! Sniff sniff. Feeling judged. Might go cancel my OneUp 240mm dropper after learning I’m a victim of herd mentality.

The fact that I see at least one dropper in the shop every week that has shit itself, also doesn’t endear me to them. Most of them are crap. Badly made, and doomed to fail.
Herd mentality sells a lot of shite in the bike industry. It’s even been known to elect presidents of the USA.
Might have more to do with the fact people don’t realise maintaining a dropper is a thing.
I’ve had a couple of duds over the years but treat them with a bit of love and they’ll pay you with long service. Unless they are old Reverbs they are just hot garbage.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
With a name like @rowdyflat it might be hard to understand... But if you are riding steeps that seat needs to get out of the way, or you are going OTB ... Also they go to a ridiculous 240mm of drop now...
View attachment 407814
Yeah right .
Actually rowdyflat is /was an area of intense gold mining with huge gullies from gold mining.
20 -25 years ago it had heaps of bridges and northshore and jumps when there were about 6 local riders but has fallen by the wayside as 6 became 106..

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Mr @Rusty_68 you have some explaining to do. I spy something droppy on the Jibb ;)

View attachment 407828
That has gone. It went on purely for the photos, I kid you not. Most people won’t understand me, but I get most pleasure out of building my bike and the Jibb had to have a dropper for the full effect. Once the photos were taken, it came straight off, believe me.

Obviously, when I come to sell it, in about a weeks time based on my previous build/sell ratio, it will have to have a dropper, for anyone to even consider buying it.

The fact that I bought one of the most expensive droppers on the market, with no intention of using it, just so it matched the cockpit, should also tell you that I am completely mad and it’s all about the look.

The dropper will go back on when I come to sell it.

I’m thinking of welding a high pivot mount to the frame, just because I don’t need one, but all the cool kids have them….thoughts???

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That has gone. It went on purely for the photos, I kid you not. Most people won’t understand me, but I get most pleasure out of building my bike and the Jibb had to have a dropper for the full effect. Once the photos were taken, it came straight off, believe me.

Obviously, when I come to sell it, in about a weeks time based on my previous build/sell ratio, it will have to have a dropper, for anyone to even consider buying it.

The fact that I bought one of the most expensive droppers on the market, with no intention of using it, just so it matched the cockpit, should also tell you that I am completely mad and it’s all about the look.

The dropper will go back on when I come to sell it.

I’m thinking of welding a high pivot mount to the frame, just because I don’t need one, but all the cool kids have them….thoughts???
Ooo. I have a dropper and an idler. I am cool. :cool:

When welding the idler on be careful on the location as some idler locations are patented.

Nothing wrong with being mad. We all need a hobby and bikes are a good one.

Used to ride all sorts of tech without a dropper years ago so nothing against those that choose not to use them but I have found a dropper to be great for my riding and getting the saddle out of the way. Each to their own.

Now sort that knee and ride the Fairlight!! :)