Fake wheels on ebay

troubledutchy

Likes Bikes
Just a heads up guys that there is currently a surge of knock-off wheels on Ebay at the moment. Just purchased a set of Zipp 404 clinchers for $800 thinking I was getting the bargain of the year, did some research after sending the payment (Doh!) and have realized that they are fakes. Trying to cancel the payment before things go any further, but i just wanted to give others a heads up. Feel free to publicly berate me for my enormous stupidity. Thank you for your time...

Boxer

Likes Dirt
FSA products are another you have to be VERY careful about buying on eBay - lots of fake, stems, bars, posts etc

rone

Eats Squid
FSA products are another you have to be VERY careful about buying on eBay - lots of fake, stems, bars, posts etc
And Chris King, and Fox clothing, and Thomson, and pretty much anything else high-end.

moorey

call me Mia
Bwahaha... If you're going to make knock offs, make knock offs of something decent. The margin in making stuff cheaper than the cheapest brand must be laughable.
"sweet!!! I could buy these bars for $40 from my lbs or $20 on CRC, but I got them for $8 plus $15 postage on eBay, ftw!!!"

troubledutchy

Likes Bikes
Did you pay via Paypal?
yeah, did pay with paypal so i should be able to get it all back. It's just the principal of the thing, not to mention the inconvenience. More mad at myself really

Though this thread might fire up a good rant, I'll definitely be more careful in future.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Sheesshhh really?

Numerous sellers with little to no feedback rating all based in Malaysia? all using the same pics of wheels with rusty spokes for a starting price of $99? and you think they could possibly be legit cause they are different to the pictures that ZIPP said are fake? If it was my business and the original company outed my fake, Id change my product too !

Perchance I can sell you a beautiful Pinarello dogma to go along with those shiny new wheels?
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/634841164/2013_colours_Pinarello_Dogma_65_1.html

Handekk

Likes Dirt
Yeah you're probably right, dont really cares anyways I is not buying anyhoot! I am taking my ball an goooink home...:playball:

rone

Eats Squid
Actually they dont look fake going by the Zipp website.
2.jpg

I'm with Handekk, they look like genuine Zipps in the sellers photo. Although I call bullshit on the sellers "what you see is what you get" line. With a feedback of 3, I would avoid like hard work.:nono: