Farkers of days gone by

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Jeeze, someone rattles the cob web and out runs all these spiders. Names I haven't heard of in over a year.

I heard Demo Man got a job working for the ABC.

What ever happened to Oliver, Syko (Ben) and Dan.?

I was so inspired by Olivers & Dan's work and Syko turned out some great shots too.

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone heard from Oddjob or Pete J aka ROY G BIV lately?

I suppose I'm like many of the guys who have been on here for years, more viewing going on than posting.

I miss rooks, kenneth, mongooseDH and his thousand other user names and bowlo. At least for the entertainment value.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Oi.... I've still got a banning stick you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*#kers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I miss everyone :eek:

There are some great people on here and it's a shame to not be interacting with them... but I've taken my bs elsewhere.
Working in the industry again so don't want to mix professional intentions with personal inanity.

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rooks. My eye twitched when I read that name.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Macr

Likes Dirt
Lots of names, I haven't heard of in a while.
Mind you, I have been in the mtb wilderness for the last couple of years.
Glad to be back on the bike.

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Not quite as well known myself, but I've still been hanging around since back in the day :)

Good to see some of the old boys poking their heads out of their shells :)

Daneel

Likes Dirt
Sorry for the double..

I miss Smacks' old avatar.. Where's that crazy pink mindf**k gone to? Although I suppose mine's changed over the years too.. I tend to remember avatars better than people.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, you're still alive Macr? I thought the outback had eaten you or something.

Tu Plang's sister!
You're going blind in your old age S., I'm sure I brought her up! And on the topic, now that Grip's prawn photo has made an appearance, maybe it's time for someone else to surface the remaining pic...

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry for the double..

I miss Smacks' old avatar.. Where's that crazy pink mindf**k gone to? Although I suppose mine's changed over the years too.. I tend to remember avatars better than people.
Haha, I've been watching this thread since it was posted, hoping someone'd mention my name ^__^

I still lurk almost every day, but just don't have much worthwhile to contribute. I didn't really in the past, so i suppose my standards for a quality post have just gone up :p

Binaural

Eats Squid
Anyone heard from Oddjob or Pete J aka ROY G BIV lately?
I used to play on a basketball team with Oddjob - top bloke, and handy on the boards. ROY G BIV always seemed like a fucking awesome guy to have a beer with, shame he lived in the outer darkness of Finland. Hubbie was also a good combo of funny and well-intentioned, and posted up some awesome dumpster reclaims. LTR though was the man when it came to having all the bikes a man could ever want. And I'm also surprised nobody's mentioned NCR600? Really funny guy, even if a bit bitter. Also a massive fan of Ryan's various dark techniques for taking the souls of newbies, and Toodle's faintly disturbing "101 ways to dispose of a dead hooker" lines. Good times!

I'm not on here all the time, but I swing past every month or so for a bit of a peek around. I still ride MTB and road, but I've moved around so much in the last few years that I've sold a lot of my collection and am now down to two. I keep meaning to get on the upgrade cycle, but I've had a marriage to save for!

S.

ex offender
I keep meaning to get on the upgrade cycle, but I've had a marriage to save for!
Nice Freudian slip - I like how you said "marriage" rather than "wedding" :)

I actually met Pete J a few years ago, fucking awesome dude, let me and a mate crash at his place in Helsinki for a couple of days despite not really knowing me from a bar of fairly sarcastic internet soap.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Nice Freudian slip - I like how you said "marriage" rather than "wedding" :)

I actually met Pete J a few years ago, fucking awesome dude, let me and a mate crash at his place in Helsinki for a couple of days despite not really knowing me from a bar of fairly sarcastic internet soap.
I blame this on the brain damage I've suffered from speaking Bavarian all week. Oder?

RCOH

Eats Squid
I feel like I know LTR & Pete J, despite never having actually met them - mainly through facebook, believe it or not. LTR still has a stable of rad bikes and is a legend, Pete's bikes aren't as exotic but he is a legend. Similar thing with S., Binaural & Cave Dweller - although I have met (or spoken to at least) these dudes.

I went and saw Kyuss Lives with NCR600 a couple of months ago, he knows so much about stoner/doom/sludge metal it isn't funny. He is a great guy.

Does anyone remember Parralax? He was right into urban caving/Urbex, before dropping off the scene.

I have made some great friends from these boards. :)

'Ross

Eats Squid

Quite a few people turned out to this alleycat organised by Sime from fixed.org; the headline acts of Rhysrhysbaby and LTR + mysterious christo + the rare opportunity to meet a mod (Bodin) live in the flesh drew a big crowd!