farkiners. cheapest jump bike ever.

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey all,

a mate has been bugging me for months and months now about buying a jump frame, (he currently rides a ralliegh of some type :eek:), $150 (i can bend it a bit) was his budget and to make it cheaper i said we can just put all the parts off the ralliegh onto this new frame (upgrade parts later), so.....

i set to work looking on here for bargins. i see stps going for $100 complete and its making me go crazy. i have been looking and looking, frames come and go but none will work for him because of the budget and it needs v-brake mounts. mm.... more frustration setting in.

soo.... as my seach went on i thought i would sink low. very low :rolleyes:. go to k-mart :p (i found a similar - better one for extra at big w) . i found a little 'dyno' jump bike and it seems decent. other than the crap parts and everything else completely crap about it i thought it would be ok, picked it up, bloody hell, heavy as. so that didn't help. :(.

so. the point of this thread is to tell me where to buy a cheap jump bike, or should he buy the dyno. and i mean cheap. like really cheap. or let me know where i can pickup a frame with v-brake mounts that it dirt jump compatable :p.

thanks for reading my story :|.

here it is......

mmmmm.....

Yakuza Michael

Likes Bikes
G'day, We have a shogun DJ frame (forget the exact model), but it has V-brake mounts, At Pedals Plus in Mona-Vale, that you can have for $85 + $9.95 postage. I don't have any photos with me here, But i can get some tommorrow.

if u cant afford a real bike dnt bother aye if its cheap an shit ur mate wont enjoy riding it and be turned off riding. saving up is a good option and buying a good cheap complete dj hardtail for about 6-700. that dyno isnt wrth the packaging it comes in.

heatseeker424

Likes Dirt
if u cant afford a real bike dnt bother aye if its cheap an shit ur mate wont enjoy riding it and be turned off riding. saving up is a good option and buying a good cheap complete dj hardtail for about 6-700. that dyno isnt wrth the packaging it comes in.
I'm sad to read that you ride Orimbah. You have brought shame to all us central coasters that ride there. Go back to school!

I wouldn't really bother, your not going to find a decent one for ~$200. Out of curiosity, do you have the full specs of the dyno?

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sad to read that you ride Orimbah. You have brought shame to all us central coasters that ride there. Go back to school!

I wouldn't really bother, your not going to find a decent one for ~$200. Out of curiosity, do you have the full specs of the dyno?
specs of dyno:
-crap

:p, it seems alright.......
umm yeah. i meant to say. he IS DEFINATELY getting a bike. he took ages to save this much. sooo.... please contribute not say 'save for better'.

and also new guy. 5 posts of bad spelling.
fix them. seriously. not srlsy. work. not wrk. it's not hard.

just no.

Last edited:

s_t_3_v_3

Likes Dirt
see im pretty sure the 6-700 is the part where the "dirt cheap" part comes in. and im pretty sure he only wants it as a very cheap bike frame.. not as a proper full on professional dirt jumpers bike.
I reckon that DYNO looks pretty sick anyway. those components are pretty rare. i havnt seen them before!

I say, even if it isnt (apparently) a "real bike", show us all how good a bike you can create for a minimum price! good luck to ur mate. I'd love to see the finished product ay.
And lets see if he can race it and beat people on sweet bikes! haha
cool story btw.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought about getting an older frame?

old p series & norco's all came with v mounts...(just check for cracks!)

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Those Dyno's have a 1 1/8" steerer don't they? if so, he could upgrade it to some better forks later down the track.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yea i know. i said that :p. thanks cam.

also about the older frames. there are like none for sale!!!!
Wanted to buy section is your friend;)

Alot of people would have them laying around,But there isnt exacltly a huge market for the older gear so they dont bother posting..

soo.... as my seach went on i thought i would sink low. very low :rolleyes:. go to k-mart :p (i found a similar - better one for extra at big w) . i found a little 'dyno' jump bike and it seems decent. other than the crap parts and everything else completely crap about it i thought it would be ok, picked it up, bloody hell, heavy as. so that didn't help. :(.
Be careful about buying those really cheap bikes, I witnessed a friend riding one (not abusing it in any way possible) and the handlebars snapped clean off at a weld point :eek:.

I'd say, really try and only go to the K-mart bike if you are right out of any other option...

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the actual frame of the Dyno heavy?

If your transferring all of the raleigh parts to it it'll lighten it up a bit?

My mate has a Dyno dual sus. Really there is nothing wrong with it besides the cheap parts that come attached. Forks are really low travel and disc breaks don't even stop you xD.

Tourney gears rox

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wanting to use a Kmart bike for jumping is just asking for trouble... so much potential for fail.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe gripsport sell's some frames that they get dumped with, maybe have a look and see if you can pick up a cheapy......

Can you mate weld? i reckon you could whip together a half-decent bodge job of a steel frame.......

Have you considered BMX bikes?