DJ Felix’s poodle punisher.

moorey

call me Mia
So...some ducks lined up.
I have long planned a DJ/slope bike for Felix. Never quite had the right frame, and was never a priority.
Until I sold his process to help fund the upcoming race bike update, and lent him my Transition to ride in the few weeks gap. Needless to say, he was punishing it brutally, and have just fixed it after he last broke it, the DJ became more urgent.
Cue @fastrider gus making me an offer I couldn’t refuse last night, and my wife fortunately going past his place today onto the way to the beach.
Mission: Simple, bombproof, cheap, destroys poodles soul.

Check x4.

Cheap frame and spare parts from the shed make both Felix and I happy boys. I was planning a quiet night. Felix had other plans.

Frame. Rotec Revert 5.0
Shock. DVO Jade.
Fork. Pike RCT3 DPA set to 130. Ignore the spacers. Just a test with these forks. Probably lower the BOSS set
Wheels. 26” flow ex on hope Evo.
Cranks. @pink poodle dream saint 165’s.
Pedals. Saint.
Rear brake. Zee lever, m785 caliper.
Bars. Fatbar light 740
Stem. Easton Haven 50
Gearing. Only had one SS chain. It was exact length for 32/15. If I dig up a 13t, might swap to 34/13 if geared too low.
Post. RF something
Seat. @Daniel Hale nukeproof Sam Hill.
Tyres. Minion SS rear, DHF front.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
This makes me so happy..
Shred the hell out of it Felix!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers man. I expect that will be happening very soon. Love how it came up. Will look into lowering the BOSS forks if he likes the lower height.
I love the white pikes on there with white frame trim, but the BOSS seem made for it.
Also, they’re too short in steerer for any other bikes in the stable :p

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Another fine bike pulled from the proverbial - nice job as usual. Did you get takeaway for dinner to make sure the stove was free @moorey? ;)

Psst... that tyre logo / valve stem alignment front vs rear.

moorey

call me Mia
Another fine bike pulled from the proverbial - nice job as usual. Did you get takeaway for dinner to make sure the stove was free @moorey? ;)

Psst... that tyre logo / valve stem alignment front vs rear.
Was like 11.30pm, tweaks to make in daylight. Tyre alignment won’t be part of it.

Yes we had pizza. Unrelated.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Love the look of this frame. Not really familiar with Rotec but looks like fun.