Fidlock Twist Bottle and Bike Mount

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Also, how does it go on rough terrains? Inside the frame I assume it doesn't pop out but cause I'll be mounting it under the frame, I'm interested

DMan

Also, how does it go on rough terrains? Inside the frame I assume it doesn't pop out but cause I'll be mounting it under the frame, I'm interested
I haven't had it fall off yet and I'm truly hardcore. But mine is inside the frame. Just make sure you don't put the bottle piece on upside down on the bottle and I can't see it'll be an issue. There's a definite twist to get it off so if it gets knocked sideways underneath it might come off? But then it'll roll your front wheel and you'll crash so you'll be able to pick it up when you regain consciousness :)

DMan

Speaking of mounting underneath the frame, how much dirt actually gets on the bottle nozzle haha
Heaps I'd say. Especially if it's dusty. Never been a fan of underframe mounting

cogs19

Likes Bikes
I've had one for 6 months - Pivot Mach 429 Trail (older version) doesn't have much clearance so this was my choice after some trial and error with some smaller bottles in a conventional bottle cage.

I think the fidlock is great. I've only had it come loose once - riding on Buller trail so it was rough and bouncy. Not sure if I had failed to re-mount correctly or not and that's why it came loose (though, it was still attached just not very well).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've mounted mine on top of my top tube, back as close as I can to the seat. Weird spot for it but it doesn't touch my legs at all, stays clean and hasn't come off unintentionally once in the times I've used it. Try it on your top tube first @doihoi, works for me. ;)

Elpho

Likes Bikes
I had one on my old bike mounted underneath the frame, only ever came off once going through a really rough trail. Nozzle does get extremely dirty though being mounted there so ended up just using hydration pack most the time instead.

nelsti

Likes Bikes
I had one but took it off the downtube on my Jeffsy.

Personally it was just too awkward for me to put back on without slowing down a little or looking down.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I recently fitted a fidlock with the smaller bottle to my Process 153.
Just clears the top of the shock inside the triangle (XL frame)
Bloody great system for sure. Well made.
Hasn't ejected on the trail.
Only complaint is that the smaller bottle is not enough water this time of year.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've fitted a Canyon Eject bottle system to my bike and it works well. 2 x 400ml bottles. The caps still get a bit of dirt on them though.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got two of the fidlocks and love them heaps!
However there are a couple of small issues...
  1. The band that wraps around the bottle, one of my bottles the band is starting to break off at the mounting screw. Not from damage or anything, just regular use.
  2. My friend has one on his nukeproof mounted under the frame, it's ejected itself a heap of times when full with water. Just not strong enough to support the bottle on the magnets..

jimigor

Squid
I've been using one on the downtube for a month or so now.

As Ky1e mentioned the band has started to break at the connector and without this holding the bottle tight it's begun to flop around a bit when full. Gets a bit noisy on the rough stuff now as it rattles against the frame. Only when full though.

It hasn't fallen out yet and the magnets connect well enough.