Fire Warnings

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My family had land at Sarsfield. There was a truck, my grandfather remembered it being abandoned when he was a boy in the 1910’s , that had a gum tree grown up the middle of the chassis rails behind the cab.

Hope it’s still there. I have some photos of it, taken with a 4MP camera from a moving ute, at dusk. I’d like to take some better ones if it’s still there. Fingers crossed

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
It was not inevitable ....
Buuuut .... we can't change the past

... we have ignored warnings and squandered opportunity to prevent/reduce it for a long time. Many parts of NSW have been in a state of drought for most of this century. When are we going to look at the evidence that exists?
It was inevitable. We're all to blame, or it's nobody's fault. That is how democracy works.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
wow, much need to blame politicians here. no one is to blame, except all of humanity (and that includes you).

it doesnt matter how many fire fighters you have, or trucks on site - the conditions made backburning unsafe all winter, and the drought has ensured that townships in the middle of grass fields have been razed because you just cant fight the fire - on a slow day they can defend a house but not on windy day

stirk

Burner
People, fucking stop the political debate here and go nuts in the who you Gunna vote for thread..

Has either party done much to combat climate change?

Has either party a great track record in response to emergency situations such that is being experienced now? Do any of these politicians have empathy?

Stay rubber side down folks and stop bickering.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Mystic Park and Falls Creek now both closed due to Watch and Act status. pretty sure Koscziusko National Park is being evacuated today aswell so Thredbo is a no-go. Couple of mates rode Buller today, I saw that has some fires nearby too....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The article was shitting on politics which has been actively transferring money away from services for people (like fire authorities) towards tax cuts so we the people use our own money to support those services through donations.

In short the Government can cease funding agencies that respond to these emergencies while Australians are prepared to pay out of their own pocket.
Where do you think the govt gets 'their' money from?