Fire Warnings

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I'm not talking about the fucking RFS, I'm talking about the endless stream of people going about their normal lives as normally as possible wishing the smoke would blow away and the news would stop harping on about the damn fires.

There was a table of boomers at the cafe the other day who were kinda mourning what's happening. Because their holiday homes were being threatened.

These same people don't give two shits about CC & everyone at the table has travelled o/s recently.
Fair enough. I can't argue that. Some people here were mourning predicted insurance increases.

Some of 'Our' RFS (Sydney outskirts) might not be able to get home to fight the local fires, if they happen.

FigBo0T

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I hear rumours of spot fires in namadgi. If you’re west side Canberra check it out
The ACT Emergency Services Agency (ESA) advises the community that there are spot fires approximately 4km from the southern ACT border near the remote area of the Namadgi National Park.

There is currently no threat to homes within the ACT from this fire activity. ESA will continue to monitor the current situation in NSW.

This announcement provides very early notice to the rural land holders within the remote areas of the Namadgi National Park. The nearest rural residential property is 25km from the current fire activity.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’m certainly feeling shit sitting here watching a movie...

Not about me, but I should have been out there. I let the bad impression of the volunteer firefighter culture put me off and I regret that.

When they have time to think about such things ill let them know I have experience and expired tickets and might be useful.

FigBo0T

I’m certainly feeling shit sitting here watching a movie...

Not about me, but I should have been out there. I let the bad impression of the volunteer firefighter culture put me off and I regret that.

When they have time to think about such things ill let them know I have experience and expired tickets and might be useful.
I know what you mean. Been there, done that, now I'm too injured to play.

Meanwhile, I have 5 acres of gum trees, mulch & firewood piles, 6 buildings, 4 shipping containers, and a bunch of machinery, all bordering reasonably thick forest, to watch over tonight.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I know what you mean. Been there, done that, now I'm too injured to play.

Meanwhile, I have 5 acres of gum trees, mulch & firewood piles, 6 buildings, 4 shipping containers, and a bunch of machinery, all bordering reasonably thick forest, to watch over tonight.
Take care...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
You are in a dream, FP. City only cares about their amenity. Smoke makes it uncomfortable, smoke leaves, people happy again. Back to BAU.

I listen to people.

I talk to people.

I watch people.

People are going about their merry way, here in the city.

SNAFU.
My suburb is part of said city, yet we live very much on the fringe. the 3 Mile fire (45000 odd Hectares)was stopped within 10km of my house thanks to RFS back burning operations. Between the edge of that fire and where we live is pretty much nothing except almost inaccessible national park.
Our single suburb is home to 3 RFS brigades. One of which is water based for the river folks.
Berowra has very much borne the brunt of many catastrophic bishfires over the years.

Smoke is the least of our worries.

Yet we are good hands.
RFS Commissioner Fitzsimmons is a local, so hopefully he keeps an eye out for us. (My wife taught his kids)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Take care...
I'm really close to a petrol station. I'm confident the backup won't want this place on fire. But I have a bunch of extinguishers charged and laying about, and a couple of 12v water pumps, just in case.

FigBo0T

In New South Wales state alone, 8.9 million acres of forest and bush has been destroyed, while more than 2.2 million acres has been burned in Victoria. The fires are so large they are generating their own weather systems and causing dry lightning strikes that in turn ignite more. One blaze northwest of Sydney, the Gospers Mountain fire, has destroyed more than 1.2 million acres -- about seven times the size of Singapore.

The scale of the blazes dwarfs the California wildfires in 2018, which destroyed about 1.7 million acres, and about 260,000 acres in 2019.

FigBo0T

My suburb is part of said city, yet we live very much on the fringe. the 3 Mile fire (45000 odd Hectares)was stopped within 10km of my house thanks to RFS back burning operations. Between the edge of that fire and where we live is pretty much nothing except almost inaccessible national park.
Our single suburb is home to 3 RFS brigades. One of which is water based for the river folks.
Berowra has very much borne the brunt of many catastrophic bishfires over the years.

Smoke is the least of our worries.

Yet we are good hands.
RFS Commissioner Fitzsimmons is a local, so hopefully he keeps an eye out for us. (My wife taught his kids)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a bit to the left of the circle. Did you hear where, how or why two people drowned in Berowra Creek last night?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Apparently a 4.5 million litre water tank has let go outside of Cooma flooding homes. No more info, source ABC FB.