First car for mtb

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ah the good ole "Youse", I hear this a lot as in "Youse people haven't paid me my wage". Well firstly sir a government benefit isn't a wage but I digest.

There are a couple of rules you need to follow when buying a car for Mountain Biking -

1. The car must and i mean MUST cost less than the bike it's transporting.
  2. If you buy a vehicle capable of transporting 5 people and in particular a dual cab ute, then you automatically become the shuttle bitch and you must sacrifice much of your riding time to driving your mates around who will both refuse to pay you fuel money and damage your car as they couldn't give a shit about you or your hard earned cash.
If you want it just for riding and camping then go a SUV style vehicle, X-Trail, Forester or Outlander. Plenty of room to shove stuff in the back and many come with towbars or just get a douche rack for the roof racks. Otherwise any small to medium hatch will do, I30, Mazda 3 etc.

Ute's are great but for that budget you're looking for trouble. Most will be south of 300k's and will cost a fortune in maintenance.
I digress...

Sekt

Likes Dirt
No mention of a Rav4 in here? Not sure about the newer ones, but my 2007 has heaps of room, and the back seats fold flat so you can sleep in it if you needed to. Chuck a rack on the roof or the towball and you're sorted.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We only had 3 guys and 3 bikes, Sydney to Jindy. We were in a Subaru Sherpa though. Bikes were smaller in 1993.
A veerrrrry long time ago - last century even I had worked for Suzuki Australia ...m/c - my drive car was a Suzuki Hatch .
The bestest car eva , although a little underpowered - but the best vehicle for local fast deliveries and picking up the mail

A ‘chair ‘ or in layman’s terms a Suzuki GS1000 with a sidecar ....platform- coz parcels
Not so good for mtbing tho , what was the question ?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Fuck I hate those things..
I see them around being driven by one person; who I assume is a climate change denier and doesn't give a shit that it takes up far too much space in car parks, the road and is generally fugly af.
Party pooper. Bet you kick puppies and yell at kids from your porch too...