fit importer/dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
for starters. every kid that buys OS then comes into the shop I work at whinges when they dont get cheap labour/parts and no Warranty. which is something I'd definetly want out of a BMX frame... thats more than a good enough reason to "bother" unless your gunna order every part from overseas. get no warranty. and know how repair your bikes. which 75% of bmxer kids cant do.

thats the dumbest fucking reason I've ever heard. notice they are also cheaper overseas ? I highly doubt the "simple" reason for them getting cheaper is because people are buying overseas. the sport is growing. hence bikes get cheaper. as not as much markup is needed to break even each year.

no wait. I can save $300 if I dont support my local shop.

if what your saying is right. why does 20 20 provide "support your local bmx shop" stickers ? I dont really think every local shop is sponsoring the mag. or paying for advertising.
I think it's ultimately up to the buyer and is different for each. Sure you can say 'support your local bike shops', and i'm all for that, but often people simply can't afford to buy from their local bike shop.

I'm not a bike shop owner, so i cant be sure on this but more money for local shops means less money for the consumer, and usually i'd say thats not a choice the buyer wants to make, but just wants to find the cheapest option.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
Yeah, i mean why the f**k would you bother wasting your money buying one of those agent frames from Australia, better off just getting one from overseas for cheaper.

Dale, FFS, a distributor shouldn't say that, you actually are biting the hands that feed you.
Not really i signed a contract so no one but I can sell agent frames to people in Australia...
Mates rates buddy...
something you'll never know about!

Last edited:

technoboy

Dirty Imports
nah I figure I'll get the agent frames from overseas because they can sell them to me alot cheaper than the distributor and I dont mind stomping on the little guys trying to make a business out of it
As i said i have signed a contract just like any other distributor
good luck mate :p

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey i was acutally wondering what the internet site is for Fit. or even a few places that can review them?

Inverted

Likes Dirt
nah I figure I'll get the agent frames from overseas because they can sell them to me alot cheaper than the distributor and I dont mind stomping on the little guys trying to make a business out of it
How do you get the frames direct if there is already a distributor in Australia?

Jordy

RYD4LF
How do you get the frames direct if there is already a distributor in Australia?
the same way people buy over the interenet for cheaper than the distributor can get it to us ?
sign all the freakin contracts you want techno boy. if ME personally. not a shop. wanted to go and import a frame in and found it for cheaper than you get it. like your telling people you do.
Before you call me an idiot. and tell Daver he is not your "mate" try and re-read the shit instead of assuming im a bike shop. when I was refering to how your telling an individual to buy overseas. if you still dont realise. you signing a contract means sweet fuck all if an individual wants to purchase the frame from an overseas shop. and I guarantee there will be shops coming up with cheaper prices than you can give.

What happened, couldnt get spono'd so you thought you'd start a business to get cheap shit? you seem to know alot about the industry and how it all works though.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
the same way people buy over the interenet for cheaper than the distributor can get it to us ?
sign all the freakin contracts you want techno boy. if ME personally. not a shop. wanted to go and import a frame in and found it for cheaper than you get it. like your telling people you do.
Before you call me an idiot. and tell Daver he is not your "mate" try and re-read the shit instead of assuming im a bike shop. when I was refering to how your telling an individual to buy overseas. if you still dont realise. you signing a contract means sweet fuck all if an individual wants to purchase the frame from an overseas shop. and I guarantee there will be shops coming up with cheaper prices than you can give.

What happened, couldnt get spono'd so you thought you'd start a business to get cheap shit? you seem to know alot about the industry and how it all works though.
good for you...
you must like the agent!bikes heaps to argue with me maybe instead of asking what price i could do for you...
Anyway sorry you feel this way,
If by chance you do end up getting a frame from OS dont come to me with warranty issues you will have to go through the shop you purchased from.
Regards,
Dale@agent-bikes.com

Last edited:

Jordy

RYD4LF
Do you even know how much he sells the frames for? Maybe he could sell it to you cheaper.

it doesnt matter, torpedo 7 for example can get stuff and sell it with their markup for cheaper than most whole salers in the country get it for. so if needed im sure an OS shop COULD do it cheaper.

I dont think technoboy understands that i dont want an agent frame, im proving a point. in that. any importer had to start off small to get to where they are today. people promoting buying from a different source, would hold a small time business. like technoboys. back alot. so its fucking stupid for an importer of frames to go tell someone to purchase a frame from overseas. im saying that it will be just as easy for them to do it with his agent bikes aswell. as an online store that purchases 1000 of them will get them a heck of alot cheaper than technoboy who purchases maybe 50 ? and therefore. be able to sell them for as much as technoboy pays per frame and still make a profit. all it would take is one big online store to jump on the agent program and then how would he like it when people tell potential customers to purchase overseas ? after techno's brilliant display of knowledge. I wouldnt want to buy an agent either way.
I dont want to know a freakin price you could do for me technoboy. i DONT want an agent frame.

fit series 3's r cooooool

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
when I was refering to how your telling an individual to buy overseas.
What happened, couldnt get spono'd so you thought you'd start a business to get cheap shit?

first of all go have a look on the internet on overseas shops and see if you can find any agents cheaper than what you can get them here. I bet you cant find any cheaper.

And starting a buisness to just get cheap shit isnt the greatest idea if the brand only does a few frames, bars and stem, its more effort than its worth just to get cheapshit

Last edited:

technoboy

Dirty Imports
first of all go have a look on the internet on overseas shops and see if you can find any agents cheaper than what you can get them here. I bet you cant find any cheaper.

And starting a buisness to just get cheap shit isnt the greatest idea if the brand only does a few frames, bars and stem, its more effort than its worth just to get cheapshit
Thanks Alan :)
p.s Jordy unfortunately most people dont have the cash like you and Daver
so its cheaper to buy BMX frames OS (notice BMX!!!!)
I have been to many bike shops and not all shops have been helpful and the ones that have I'm greatfull.

you Obviously support your LBS because you get cheap stuff am i wrong??
see the thing that i cant stand is poo Tongue I've heard from the race scene your great at it..

Jordy

RYD4LF
poo tongue ?

you called daver "not your mate" and me an "idiot"

alan and you have both missed the fucking point.

if most people dont have cash like "me and daver" maybe they should get a fucking job. I've only ever had to work for my shit and pay out of MY money.

The keewee brand (NOTICE MTB BRAND!!!!111ones!) started much like your agent frames, through a small company in Australia. and now you can purchase them off torpedo7 for less than the wholesaler could buy them at in oz... it took 6 months. but yep. you dont understand. its a lost freakin cause.

Inverted

Likes Dirt
Jordy its a buyers market, some people will research and purchase a product cheaper no matter where the shop is located. Others are happy to pay retail prices in OZ and get their warrenty and the service from the LBS.
I dont agree with buying parts from overseas companies but hey if you have a buget you do what you have too.
Its only been over the last few years prices have come done in OZ to a reasonable level,but if you want bling you have to pay. Especially if you building a frame up.
I think you have made you point, lets just leave it at that, eh?

tu plang

knob
sorry to drag it out once more, but i think Jordy is getting at the fact that basically everyone involved in selling a bicycle product in this country gets shit hung on them about price. as far as im concerned, and as far as jordy is concerned (im sure), we are all in this together (industry folk) and undermining another persons business is not only hypocritical but its ultimately going to undermine every other business in the industry including your own.

ultimately you wouldnt tell someone to buy one of your products OS so you should atleast be descrete about other people's products.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
sorry to drag it out once more, but i think Jordy is getting at the fact that basically everyone involved in selling a bicycle product in this country gets shit hung on them about price. as far as im concerned, and as far as jordy is concerned (im sure), we are all in this together (industry folk) and undermining another persons business is not only hypocritical but its ultimately going to undermine every other business in the industry including your own.

ultimately you wouldnt tell someone to buy one of your products OS so you should atleast be descrete about other people's products.
yeah its called "support" i get the point...
Unfortunately if your in the industry your treated as a competitor.
so unless Its your company why be bothered by it.
No one Gives a fuck about anyone but they all pretend too.
Jordy is just speaking out loud for someone else he's like a puppet :p

Jordy

RYD4LF
yeah its called "support" i get the point...
Unfortunately if your in the industry your treated as a competitor.
so unless Its your company why be bothered by it.
No one Gives a fuck about anyone but they all pretend too.
Jordy is just speaking out loud for someone else he's like a puppet :p
Your a fucking idiot. you started importing bikes because no shops would give you the frames at cost price. you even said it yourself in your abusive pm's when you were giving me pathetic threats of confrontation.... who am I speaking for ? im speaking for me. You have No idea about the industry, you've been importing frames for what, 6 months at most ? How many of these frames have you actually sold to a customer you've won over ? instead of one of your mates thats here to back you up. Maybe no one in the industry backs you up because your a complete dickhead ?
the amount of crap coming out of your mouth is beyond belief. 90% of importers in the country started out like you. as a frame importer I cant believe your stupid enough to slander a company as an "enemy" that has products you probably run on your bicycles. oh wait, did you buy them OS ?
I really dont care if I get banned or a warning or what for having a go at you. everyone on here that actually knows anything about the industry knows that Im right. Unfortunately for you and your enterprise. your an idiot. OVER !

technoboy

Dirty Imports
Your a fucking idiot. you started importing bikes because no shops would give you the frames at cost price. you even said it yourself in your abusive pm's when you were giving me pathetic threats of confrontation.... who am I speaking for ? im speaking for me. You have No idea about the industry, you've been importing frames for what, 6 months at most ? How many of these frames have you actually sold to a customer you've won over ? instead of one of your mates thats here to back you up. Maybe no one in the industry backs you up because your a complete dickhead ?
the amount of crap coming out of your mouth is beyond belief. 90% of importers in the country started out like you. as a frame importer I cant believe your stupid enough to slander a company as an "enemy" that has products you probably run on your bicycles. oh wait, did you buy them OS ?
I really dont care if I get banned or a warning or what for having a go at you. everyone on here that actually knows anything about the industry knows that Im right. Unfortunately for you and your enterprise. your an idiot. OVER !
took you long enough to reply... :) xxx
You say that people in the industrie know your right Pfft! tell all your industrie friends to put their traininng wheels back on.
Thats the problem With Industrie people in Australia not many of them can actually ride but because they know somone they get cheap stuff.
so why should i bull shit to people when i'm in the indutrie to help the riders not help the indsutrie kooks that used to over charge me?
Really in the end who do you think people are going to listen too?
Some little boy who thinks he knows everything or someone who has tested what he actually imports and doesnt care about being slandered on this site.
Trust me if this was anyone else's thread it would be locked by now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.