fit importer/dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slo

Likes Dirt
argument no. 1
1-> buying overseas means that australian distributors loose out on a sale.
2-> the australian distributors loosing out on a sale means that they are going to purchase less of the product, simply cause they cant sell it.
3-> distributors buying less of the product means they have less buying power because they will have less leverage against the companys there dealing with. ie no 'bulk buy' savings for distributors.
4-> distributors buying at a higher price, mean they sell to shops at a higher price.
5-> shops buying at a higher price, means that the shop must make there 'mark up' accordingly. this means you the customer pay more for the product in the end.

summarise-> buy buying overseas you are effectively causing prices here to stay the same, or even rise. your screwing yourself out of potential savings in the long term. if you want prices in australia to fall, you need to support australian companys.

argument no. 2
warranty, its there for a reason... product is mass produced, and theres a chance that something may go wrong during its production. it may only be a small chance, but if your unlucky enough to get that faulty product from an overseas purchase that doesnt offer any form of warranty, you have just thrown your hard earnt money away.
as opposed to purchasing from an australian bike shop. if it is obviosly a manufacturing defect, it will be replaced with a equivilant or sometimes better product depending on the wholesaler/rep asap.
i have also seen select examples of non manufacturing issues being taken care of at only wholesale+labour charges to maintain a companys good name->look after them, they'll look after you.

argument no. 3
loyalty. building up a good relationship with you local bike shop is an easy way to get savings. once they know that you are only going spend your dollars with them, they are more than happy to help you save a few dollars along the way.
not to mention by building up a relationship with them, it increases your chances of getting sponsorship if you are worthy enough. distributors also have been known to offer savings on wholesale prices to sponsored riders.

argument no. 4
vote slo to win this battle. he has a short attention span, and within that spans time constraints, he managed to write this very informative post; whilst freeing the world from war and cancer. but not aids, wear protection kids! and dont touch monkeys, if they bite you, you'll get aids....

ps, vote for me and your LBS will sponsor you. i promise​

Jordy

RYD4LF
Dales abusive Pm's got him no where, still gunna "confront" me dale ?

Like it or not. as Agent gets bigger. overseas prices will drop alot more. Even if dale can negotiate a price. eventually an overseas shop is going to be able to sell it for below what dale can purchase it for at this rate. If torpedo 7 can get sram gear AND sell it with a markup for cheaper than the largest importer in Australia that stocks HUGE amounts of sram. then why cant another online shop ? Hence why. its stupid, for someone in the industry. that it will inevitably (spelling?) happen to, to encourage overseas buying. simple Dale. its what I said in the first place.

It is also stupid to slander my boss, a magazine editor, film maker, bike shop owner and importer. done

technoboy

Dirty Imports
Dales abusive Pm's got him no where, still gunna "confront" me dale ?

Like it or not. as Agent gets bigger. overseas prices will drop alot more. Even if dale can negotiate a price. eventually an overseas shop is going to be able to sell it for below what dale can purchase it for at this rate. If torpedo 7 can get sram gear AND sell it with a markup for cheaper than the largest importer in Australia that stocks HUGE amounts of sram. then why cant another online shop ? Hence why. its stupid, for someone in the industry. that it will inevitably (spelling?) happen to, to encourage overseas buying. simple Dale. its what I said in the first place.

It is also stupid to slander my boss, a magazine editor, film maker, bike shop owner and importer. done
dude i agreed on the 2nd page but you had to keep pushing the point
and then you acuse me of slandering your boss.
I didnt slander anyone for starters My Apologies to anyone who was offended.
On the other hand I'm doing the importing thing by my self as a second job so when people slander what i'm trying to acheive it really gets me down.

I dont even ride MTB anymore so why would i bother doing it for the product?
do a search on Agent bikes and have a look at the number of peolpe who have something negative to say.
It hurts especially when i try to do the right thing by everyone not saying that i have done all the right things but seriously Give me a break.
we can only learn from our mistakes.
hopefully one day when i can afford to push the brand a little harder i will but untill then why make it hard for a awesome brand???
I understand the whole support Australian market but at the same time there will always be a market for Os sales unfortunately there is not much we can do.
On anouther note one day i will support the industrie apparently its a two way street,
So far for me its been one way with no help from anyone.
Regards,
Dale

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
While we're on a particularly civil note, I think we should end it here.

Thank you all for turning up to this event, surely it will go down as one of the more epic battles in the O/S V. LBS War and I hope it entertained our crowd and supporters.

Tickets for the upcomming bout between the distributers and the shop owners will be available next week, be sure to get in early for no doubt they'll sell quick. Thank you once again to our competitors and thanks to you for coming to watch. Don't forget to grab a commemorative T-shirt on your way out, the ladies are selling them at the door for only $25 for one or two for $40.

thank you ladies and gentlemen, drive safely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.