five hundred thousand attempt to overthrow goverment in cairo

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Ramy Raoof tweets: "Activists in Tahrir Square have built a media camp to gather videos/pictures from demonstrators on the ground and are now uploading them online."

seventyseven

I think you forgot to include a couple of posts there ;)
you've already been told where you can go if you don't like it. nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

The BBC's Lyse Doucet reports: "There is palpable joy and celebration in Tahrir Square. Meet an entire family, three generations, a gaggle of young and old women in colourful headscarves and men in suits. They say the army's announcement that they wouldn't fire on their people made them feel it was safe for all of them to come and make it a family outing. Why were they here? I asked. They said in unison: 'Mubarak must go'."

Drizz

Likes Dirt
I've found it interesting.

One of the best, most informative threads in off topic in years, about a watershed world issue.
Much easier to comprehend whats happening and all the implications then some political essays we see on here.

How could you justify locking it. Those not interested don't have to read it.

And with almost 4000 views in those 3 days it would appear that there are plenty who are interested
I have no problem and appreciate what 77 is doing but in defence of Dozer - this is an Off topic "Discussion" forum, I am also interested in what other people had posted as well! Its annoying having to track back 5 pages to see what other poster has said. (E.g. how Dozer coped flak for trying to canned this thread)

77: If no one had posted after your latest post, can you used the edit button instead? Thank you. :)

seventyseven

I have no problem and appreciate what 77 is doing but in defence of Dozer - this is an Off topic "Discussion" forum, I am also interested in what other people had posted as well! Its annoying having to track back 5 pages to see what other poster has said. (E.g. how Dozer coped flak for trying to canned this thread)
there could be a separate thread? or people just quote one another etc?

Drizz

Likes Dirt
there could be a separate thread? or people just quote one another etc?
Why separate thread if other people's contribution are valid and relevant to Egypt riot/revolution? IMHO one line posts can get a bit annoying when theres 7 of them in a row.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who caressssssssss. 200 posts in a row or not it doesn't bother me one bit and ive read through the whole thread. Let the man do what he's doing best and enjoy the information he's providing us. I'd honestly prefer if it were post by post as opposed to a giant wall of writing where i can't distinguish the difference between the timeline of events. He himself has admitted he's barely got time to punctuate his posts let alone properly organise and edit a full page single post to tell you what time and date the information is being posted.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Why separate thread if other people's contribution are valid and relevant to Egypt riot/revolution? IMHO one line posts can get a bit annoying when theres 7 of them in a row.
Well discuss the topic if you like its a public forum. Don't interfere with whining, you are just killing the drama of it all.

seventyseven

never said everyone elses contributions aren't valid, don't put words in my mouth.

what is the alternative exactly? how am i supposed to give realtime updates?

there isn't any other way of doing things. your complaining is pointless.

if you don't like it, don't go in the thread or start another one.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
never said everyone elses contributions aren't valid, don't put words in my mouth.

what is the alternative exactly? how am i supposed to give realtime updates?

there isn't any other way of doing things. your complaining is pointless.

if you don't like it, don't go in the thread or start another one.
Never accused you of devaluing anyone else's post merely saying any valid contribution about the topic should stay in one thread, please re-read my post.

I am just making a suggestion and if it not taken up I said my piece and theres nothing I can do.

We going off topic now - Please continue updating us with post. Your effort is appreciated. :)