five hundred thousand attempt to overthrow goverment in cairo

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Clipboard01.jpg

tank has moved in to try and stop the clash. a second volley of .50cal has been loosed into the air.

seventyseven

military on high state of alert.

al jazeera journalist/cameraman had to flee from a group of pro-mubarek demonstrators.

apparently the group of pro-mubarek guys is only about 300 strong. i don't see what they're going to or even trying to manage against hundreds of thousands of anti-government protesters.

admittedly the 300 are armed, but so is everyone else.

seventyseven

speculation that mubarek will leave friday, although remain in the position of president.

seventyseven

Egypt's Coptic Christian minority say regime change trumps Islamist fears.

crowd members response to mubarek speech.

seventyseven

al jazeera is retelecasting mubarek's speech every 5-10 mins for those who want to tune in & watch it.

bbc no longer has a live feed (at least on original page).

will try and find another.

seventyseven

RE: pro & anti government clash:

Witnesses say that after Mr Mubarak's speech ended, protesters started chanting "Get out". Then a pro-Mubarak crowd arrived chanting "Reform, reform, we are with you".

seventyseven

Mohamed ElBaradei on CNN:

"i do not believe President Hosni Mubarak went far enough to meet the demands of protesters, his announcement "a trick" to try to remain in power"

the people just don't trust the president to step down after the elections. they want him out, and they want him out now. it's clear nothing short of this will satisfy them.

seventyseven

al jazeera showed some footage of the "pro-mubarek" demonstrators.

they're not so much for mubarek as they are concerned what will happen if he leaves - they fear the country will fall into total and permanent chaos.

"the devil you know..."

seventyseven

US president has made a speech. can't type fast enough to transcript his speech.

it will no doubt be retelecast many times.

the gist of the speech: there should be democracy, people should decide their outcomes, US will be an ally of/wants a relationship with egypt in the future.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I think he was pretending to get the joke even though there was no joke to begin with. The "lul" seems to be on him! Boom tish.

seventyseven

he's finding it funny that people can riot in numbers in the millions, loot, arson, kill, assault, steal, drink and so forth.. yet will stop all of it to pray to their god.

i think they're going to hell regardless.