Flat faced sockets for fork service with pictures

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I grew sick of almost striping or damaging various fork top caps, so finally bought some cheap 24,26 and 28mm 6 point sockets and removed the beveled faces. The gap between top cap and crown is also pretty tight so I took a whole lot off the OD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458903904.371412.jpg

stirk

Burner
Bevel edge sockets are for the impatient or damaged nut, nicely tweaked tool, I'll take one of each!

So many customised tools tells me the mech engineers are getting some basics wrong.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have PMed Dozer for permission to turn this into a not for profit group buy. Please hold on, your call is important to us.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
...makes me wish I had a metal lathe down in the garage! nice work, especially thinning the wall just a bit.

@silentbutdeadly, my experience with tube spanners is that they're pressed metal POS. Maybe I've only had cheap POS ones :).

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
...makes me wish I had a metal lathe down in the garage! nice work, especially thinning the wall just a bit.

@silentbutdeadly, my experience with tube spanners is that they're pressed metal POS. Maybe I've only had cheap POS ones :).
Mine are Boker and they are a bit pricey but not POS

Freediver

I can go full Karen
But then you could always put a nut on a bolt with a few small diameter washers in between and use your torque wrench to drive your tube spanner.