flat pedals?

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Soljams are terrible on dh bikes, alright on hardtail dh but they're like double the thickness of a fairly thick pedal by todays standards. I used them on a sunday for like 3 months before i got sick of pedal smashing. I use Answer roves now, nice and thin, bearings a great, come with a whole set of pins spare, and they are socket drive instead of allen key so you can actually take stuffed ones out.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
arh i see thankyou! i was just barred up over a set of answer pedals actually haha, just so expensive! i think im just going to have to get the jetblacks ano black <3 haha and a set of jetblack grips :) thanks for all the helps guys! champions!

Regan

Eats Squid
Kona Wah Wah, best pedal I've used so far, Strong, not too heavy, thin, great bearings, loads of grip and pins thread in from the back...and they don't cost the earth!

taitt

Likes Dirt
far out sooo many options! whats the go with thread sizing? are all threads and shaft ssize the same?
There's 9/16ths and 1/2 thread size. You'll be after 9/16ths which any of the pedals that are mentioned are I'm fairly sure.

Last edited:

redfin

Likes Bikes
Mitchy !!
Used Kona Wah Wah's also = Awesome
I just got a set of Superstar components Flats for my new bike. Look and feel as good as anything i've seen or used before. I got pedals, spare pins and set of grips for around half the normal price of just a set of good known pedals !!! Time will tell if they are as good too !!! You should come round and have a look !!!
Cheers
Benny
Hey we goin ridin soon too !!!!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll find the Superstar, Deity, Kona Wah Wah, Nukeproof etc are all the same type of pedals rebadged. All use the same bearings, axles etc..

Straitline pins also fit into my Superstar pedals so i dare say they should work for the others if your looking for sharper/longer pins.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
Mitchy !!
Used Kona Wah Wah's also = Awesome
I just got a set of Superstar components Flats for my new bike. Look and feel as good as anything i've seen or used before. I got pedals, spare pins and set of grips for around half the normal price of just a set of good known pedals !!! Time will tell if they are as good too !!! You should come round and have a look !!!
Cheers
Benny
Hey we goin ridin soon too !!!!
hello benny. i'll have to have alook into these superstar flats, yeah man, i just pm'd u, have to catch up for a burl!

kosz888

Likes Dirt
I also recommend the Straight line pedals, they have so much grip it feels like im cliped in. The quality is worth the price you pay.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci

These were briliant today(first ride on em). Long pins for aft, nice concave, stick like sh!t.
I wear knee/shinnies;)

No Skid Marks

Ohhh what am be dat? Looks the goods
PO1NT pedals with the longer pins for and aft, shorter ally pins in the middle, makes them feel nice and concave, grip like shit. Hopefully my calf scars will be nice and uniform when I get them.

condog

Likes Dirt
crank bro's 50/50: Had the pedal body slip off the axle mid run... not fun.

Straightline: Bent the pedal so bad it doesnt spin past the crank, always came loose anyway.

Kona wah wah: Really strong, pretty light slim and wide! sweet pedals

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19409

^^ Those pedals are sweet, i had same ones rebadges with screw pins. so much grip! bent them same as the straightlines though. hard to find these ones.

SpecialFx

Likes Dirt
i use ANSWER DH flat pedal,, it runs great,,
i previously use FUNN Souljam, crank bro' 50/50, and shimano DX flatpedal,

Red Peekay

Likes Dirt
I'm running Shimano PD-MX30's with the long pins. LIght, interchangeable pins and stick well but always wear shin guards :eek:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll find the Superstar, Deity, Kona Wah Wah, Nukeproof etc are all the same type of pedals rebadged. All use the same bearings, axles etc..
This. They're all rebranded welgo mg 1's. Best pedals you can buy. Get the standard ones for less than 40 bucks on ebay. Or ones with titanium spindles for less than 100. You wont get much lighter unless you look at high end trials stuff.

Otherwise, shimano dx. Mine are 3 years old and have lasted better than most of the other parts on my bike.

No Skid Marks

This. They're all rebranded welgo mg 1's. Best pedals you can buy. Get the standard ones for less than 40 bucks on ebay. Or ones with titanium spindles for less than 100. You wont get much lighter unless you look at high end trials stuff.

Otherwise, shimano dx. Mine are 3 years old and have lasted better than most of the other parts on my bike.
No they're not. They're not MGs or even Welgos. They're HTs.
Welgo MGs are thicker, and have a smaller platform.