Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

Gravityfreak

Likes Dirt
+1

If you only have the option to bring one bike then the Stumpy would be my choice.
No no no - you have it all wrong. The hot set-up is a DH bike with a 29 inch front wheel with very very narrow tyres (1.9 would be ideal). I would recommend a 650b rear wheel with 2.35's. If you only have a 26 inch rear (Soooo last season) - then a Nokian Gazzaloddi 3.0 is a must.

markb84

Likes Dirt
No no no - you have it all wrong. The hot set-up is a DH bike with a 29 inch front wheel with very very narrow tyres (1.9 would be ideal). I would recommend a 650b rear wheel with 2.35's. If you only have a 26 inch rear (Soooo last season) - then a Nokian Gazzaloddi 3.0 is a must.
No, what you want is a hardtail with a dual crown fork and a 24" front wheel, then at the back use a 29". Also you'll need to put in a super angleset to rake out the front end to 63' and run a 22t front chainring for clearence with a 48-5t cassette.

If you ride a bike like that there's a chance I might not come last.....

Camby88

Likes Dirt
I can't take both as dh bike needs to be disassembled like it is now to fit in the car! Are you guys going to take 2? Especially if there is only one run, heaps less likely to get a flat too... 13626413490240.jpg

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yep, having a 4by and a Grip rack means that I'm not short on room at all ;)

Planning on heading up Saturday night (was going to go Saturday day but have a mate's farewell BBQ), getting up early and making sure I know the trails! May even go for a walk on Saturday night and check out the tracks to see what will be best ;)

markb84

Likes Dirt
I'm hoping to get up there early Saturday to get some practice runs in. I was hoping to get more riding in before the race but the weather had other plans.
Looking forward to it though.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
I'm bringing this ,

braaaaap, who needs shuttles?......................& yes I have checked the rule book
Shame risso we are doing shuttles at Awaba this arvo I was going to ask you but you will probably just get in the road riding up to the top of the hill. I might have to run over you.

Good pick up on that signature Clarky. But he has a hell of a lot of work in front of him to be that good.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
bags riding with Butler!!
I was hoping to pair up with "ride like a girl" but then again she will probably
Have to keep stopping to wait for me. So I could lower my standards down to you risso. Only if you wear that pink jersey and have freshly shaved legs. Might even do a lata' after if your lucky.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Going down on Friday night, with lots of bikes, even though I still not suppose to ride just because I can fit them. Might even throw in the trials bike. Is there a trials bike class Martin. I might be able to finish 1 run in the time allowed.
This two track thing has got me stumped. Where am I going to stand to yell abuse at everyone, I might go to the wrong track, I'd hate to miss the "ride like a Girl" runs. She speaks so dirty as she rides past, I don't know why when I complement her so much.
Should be fun weekend, be good to catch up.

Bairdy

Squid
Question on the Thredbo round, on the downhill page on Rockytrails site it says that competitors can get a $30 lift pass for Friday practice, is the same deal available to Rollercoaster participants?
Thanks
Scott.