AM Focus SAM 1.0 Trail Team

BT180

Max Pfaff
This is the one bike that would draw me away from a new Bronson. Where can we get them? From the Focus website it takes you to the AU distributors but they mostly seem to be for roadies. Also, what sort of coin are we looking at for the 1.0 team?

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
That is a very sick SAM... love the colour scheme, I have a 2016 factory frame and bits coming my way so keen as to get on it.

BT180 there are a few sellers around AU for Focus, where about are you located?

jett_e

Likes Bikes
I walked into a bike shop in Port Macquarie to kill time whilst on holidays and bought a 2016 Factory model. I had no intention of buying a complete bike but I couldn't pass up on it. It was the only large left in the state apparently!

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Sold my 1.0 back in October and ordered the 2016 SAM C Team. Should be here in the next 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Totally agree with your feedback on the 1.0, it is an amazing rig.

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
This is the one bike that would draw me away from a new Bronson. Where can we get them? From the Focus website it takes you to the AU distributors but they mostly seem to be for roadies. Also, what sort of coin are we looking at for the 1.0 team?

I have sent you a PM

nitro01

Likes Dirt
First Breakage!!!!

So, first breakage with Spirit, the mighty SAM which has just clicked over 5106.2km,

Turns out you really really should replace brake pads BEFORE this point (my own stupid fault really) and the Guides decided they really didn't wanna play with the stock pads any more and decided to snap the clip that keeps the pads apart, and leave me with one brake for 12ishkm of really steep territory. Unfortunately, the front brake was the working one. I am a rear brake whore!

Guess a very wet and muddy ride at Bayview is a killer on Guide pads.

Took a lot of fiddling and Kiwi ingenuity to get the old pads out, and cleaned everything back up and slammed some Guide Organic's in there. First ride.... brake is crazy touchy and a whole lot more grunty. Woo!

On the upside, it's had a service and oh my goodness it's beautifully smooth and quiet!!
busted_pads.jpg

teK--

Eats Squid
that's some impressive mileage in 5 months!

Also did you think to swap the front pads to the rear to get you out of that bind? :p

nitro01

Likes Dirt
It was pouring rain, bike and me were absolutely covered in mud, grit and I forgot my multitool. Still kicked everyone's butt on Sorceress though :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
What sort of times did yas pull on mouse trap. That trail is powdery as fuck in the dry, it would be heaps faster in the wet.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What sort of times did yas pull on mouse trap. That trail is powdery as fuck in the dry, it would be heaps faster in the wet.
Me, 1:37 is the fastest according to Tardva, I average around 1:40

Can't believe that shit tho

If you catch Bayview just after rain the dirt is super mint!! otherwise within half a day
your looking at the dusty stuff

Flow-Rider

Burner
Me, 1:37 is the fastest according to Tardva, I average around 1:40

Can't believe that shit tho

If you catch Bayview just after rain the dirt is super mint!! otherwise within half a day
your looking at the dusty stuff
Yeah, nice trail. My last run was 1:56 only ridden it twice though and on the return trip back from the other end of Bayview. It was very dusty and loose on both rides.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, nice trail. My last run was 1:56 only ridden it twice though and on the return trip back from the other end of Bayview. It was very dusty and loose on both rides.
50 times for me already! It's 10 mins drive away from my place though
even when it gets the fine dust going there's a fair amount support in the turns, after you do 'your kidding'
'maze' and 'sharks tail' the gas is running out so that's good, it got kind of blown out after the last XC race

nitro01

Likes Dirt
UPDATE! One Year Later

Lads, laddettes, grease monkeys and fellow huck-to-flat friends, the almighty SAM has survived a year with me. How??

It hasn't had the nicest life though. Since last update, some things have changed. Mostly due to my gumby skills.

I broke a shock bolt on a downhill track, which caused a savage crash and a fair bit of damage to me. Bike was fine, despite the bolt.

Flat spotted one of the Reynolds wheels and cracked it, so now running an alloy back wheel.

But, it's survived! Despite a few tire changes, a chain, a shock bolt and a different wheel it is exactly the same and I have thrashed the living s**t out of it day in and day out. Hucked 40 foot gaps, charged DH trails, done thousands of KM, shredded a few states, and it's still performing like the day I got it.... freakin amazingly!

I love this thing!