Food Recipe: Gluten free schnitzeled chicken

redbruce

Eats Squid
Your patrols don't feed themselves? Meal planning and shopping were always important parts of camp preparation for us.
You speak my language (but I have to deal with over managing (and too often over confident, well meaning but none the less outdoor ignorant and underqualified modern parents, then there's the ones that criticise (but don't offer to help) and quote the Aus food guidelines but then send little Mitch away with a bacon and cheese white bread pull apart for lunch (principle here, not that I personally have an issue with pull apart's as such) on a hike.

I have recently returned to role of Scout Section Leader and reintroduced Scouts planning and shopping for themselves.

None the less, the kids need to be trained, correctly. That means accounting for preferences and allergies.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
Could I substitute other meats for the chicken? Or even a vegetarian or vegan friendly option? Or will this ruin your recipe?
Works with TVP (bit of an acquired taste but my daughter is vego). Go real easy (actually not at all) on the hammer.

Can also use Haloumi, or any other cheese you can fry.

Ok crumbed chicken it is.
Just give it a whack first!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Go real easy (actually not at all) on the hammer.

Just give it a whack first!
Ha! I love it.

That TVP stuff is pretty evil. As a kid I was lucky to see meat in the house outside of Christmas. My mother cooked meat so infrequently that each Christmas she would visit one of the neighbours for a refresher!

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ha! I love it.

That TVP stuff is pretty evil. As a kid I was lucky to see meat in the house outside of Christmas. My mother cooked meqt so infrequently that each Christmas she would visit one of the neighbours for a refresher!
Cooking it for dinner tomorrow night?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cooking it for dinner tomorrow night?
Highly unlikely. I don't understand the vegetarian substitute meat thing. If I'm not eating an animal I like to eat veggies. Big piles of them. Still I don't mind a bit of facon, but just call it like it is! Maybe "smoked processed animal free shit" isn't a good branding exercise?

Is there a logic I'm missing in the purpose of fake animal products? Or is it as I assume, being a substitute for the sake of imitation?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
You speak my language (but I have to deal with over managing (and too often over confident, well meaning but none the less outdoor ignorant and underqualified modern parents, then there's the ones that criticise (but don't offer to help) and quote the Aus food guidelines but then send little Mitch away with a bacon and cheese white bread pull apart for lunch (principle here, not that I personally have an issue with pull apart's as such) on a hike.

I have recently returned to role of Scout Section Leader and reintroduced Scouts planning and shopping for themselves.

None the less, the kids need to be trained, correctly. That means accounting for preferences and allergies.
Good to hear. I had plenty of freedom in my days. Plenty of freedom to fuck up, I remember how much weight I ended up carrying on my first proper hike.

Highly unlikely. I don't understand the vegetarian substitute meat thing. If I'm not eating an animal I like to eat veggies. Big piles of them. Still I don't mind a bit of facon, but just call it like it is! Maybe "smoked processed animal free shit" isn't a good branding exercise?

Is there a logic I'm missing in the purpose of fake animal products? Or is it as I assume, being a substitute for the sake of imitation?
It's all about inclusion. I don't get it either, there's plenty of perfectly nice vegetarian meals that don't need some sort of suggestion about what you're missing.