Ford Ranger MTB ad

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They may be a different model but they are just as bad. They are breathless, cumbersome, have a warning that doesn't allow them to be driven over 120km/h (in my workplace) and everyone hates driving them. I take a Hyundai ILoad over the Ranger every time.
Having driven both the pk and current Px models extensively, I feel you are talking out your ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
They may be a different model but they are just as bad. They are breathless, cumbersome, have a warning that doesn't allow them to be driven over 120km/h (in my workplace) and everyone hates driving them. I take a Hyundai ILoad over the Ranger every time.
Why would you need to drive a vehicle of any sort over 120kmh in a country where the maximum posted speed limit is 110, let alone a light commercial vehicle with a high centre of gravity and long wheelbase? Sort of an inane argument. And the speed limit would be for insurance purposes or to do with the rating of the tyres. If you feel the need to drive like a dickhead, buy a Commadore, that's who they're designed for.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Why would you need to drive a vehicle of any sort over 120kmh in a country where the maximum posted speed limit is 110, let alone a light commercial vehicle with a high centre of gravity and long wheelbase? Sort of an inane argument. And the speed limit would be for insurance purposes or to do with the rating of the tyres. If you feel the need to drive like a dickhead, buy a Commadore, that's who they're designed for.
Hey, go easy on Commodore drivers (some of us just like a big reliable, cheap and easy to service car that can tow the caravan).

Also suspect the original comparison vehicle, the "high performance" 2.0L Skoda, doesnt come fitted with an oversize esky either (great factless, illogical argument so far).

Last edited:

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Max speed isn't 110.

Hilux seems to be the only thing anyone runs in the NT. A few amoroks at sites as well but it seems to be toyota everything here.

Optic

Likes Dirt
Hey, go easy on Commodore drivers (some of us just like a big reliable, cheap and easy to service car that can tow the caravan).

Also suspect the original comparison vehicle, the "high performance" 2.0L Skoda, doesnt come fitted with an oversize esky either (great factless, illogical argument so far).
+1 for stick up for commodores, well the ones up to 2004 anyway. Ecotecs ftw

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Hilux seems to be the only thing anyone runs in the NT. A few amoroks at sites as well but it seems to be toyota everything here.
That's because only the mines can afford them. The lease fees on a hilux are insane...even for government fleets. And once the mines are finished with them...they're fucked.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knuckles: Emergency vehicles often travel in excess of the speed limit for obvious reasons.

Redbruce: Never said the Skoda was high performance but I'd normally expect a vehicle with 1.2L more capacity to at least be similar in performance (given the attached esky) but it is not even close.

The Holden Rodeo of the early 2000's was a much better vehicle in my line of work. I'll admit, we do go hard on our vehicles but the Rangers are in the shop getting work done more than our Falcadore, Hilux or ILoad vehicles. We have had engine, suspension, computer, gearbox and interior trim issues on a few vehicles we've had.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Wouldn't touch a ranger with a 40ft pole, triton went bad when they got rid of the 3.2l, amarok is a piece of junk, hilux has gone poor quality but price is ridiculously high, colorado is ok-ish but still wouldn't drive one

D-max ftw out of the current crop of dual cabs ;)

dunndog

Eats Squid
Out of interest haven't seen a mention of the Navara, where does that stand in the scheme of things?

tomfaulkner

Likes Bikes
who cares about the vehicles

was it the dirt art crew?

what bikes were they riding?

26/27.5/29er wheels and which one looked best on the screen

where they running a tubeless setup and if so how much did the rider weigh and how many psi?
Yeah, pretty sure he's riding a new 27.5 rocky altitude!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Knuckles: Emergency vehicles infrequently travel in excess of the speed limit and are not stock standard showroom models for obvious reasons.

Redbruce: Never said the Skoda was high performance but I'd normally expect a vehicle with 1.2L more capacity to at least be similar in performance (gearing and different torque/horsepower requirements for their intend purposes not withstanding) but it is not even close.

The Holden Rodeo of the early 2000's was a much better vehicle in my line of work. I'll admit, we do go hard on our vehicles but the Rangers are in the shop getting work done more than our Falcadore, Hilux or ILoad vehicles. We have had engine, suspension, computer, gearbox and interior trim issues on a few vehicles we've had, which is really rare for a fleet vehicle driven north of 120km by drivers who are not financially responsible for their upkeep
Yes, what you didn't say makes a lot of sense.

I've worked in a lot of places that have fleet vehicles, and am yet to see one that hasn't been flogged to within an inch of its life inside of 6 months.

I'd probably only go the DMax personally, but never an ex lease/fleet job. Give an apprentice the keys to a Sherman tank and within a week it'll look like a TD Cortina fresh from the crusher.

Last edited: