Forks for my 05 hotdog

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
i have bent the stock forks on my hotdog and i was wondering What forks i should put on it. Some one suggested that i should put manitou stance kingpin on, What do u guys think

MTB_91

Likes Dirt
haha dicko (im haydens bro) how'd u bend em
and also hav u still got that Sun ditch witch or rhyno lite or wateva it was rim
if u do has it got a hub and cassete or is it just the rim?

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
i dont no how i bent them. as for the rims its an smo rim i dont realy want to sell it if thats wat ur askin

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dicko888 said:
i have bent the stock forks on my hotdog and i was wondering What forks i should put on it. Some one suggested that i should put manitou stance kingpin on, What do u guys think
Hmm stance would go down well 8)
Or some DJers?

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
r there any other brand or models that would do the job? I dont no if this will change things but i have a large frame and im a large bloke

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Hey dicko, Jonny here.

We have a pair of kingpins in- on a bike. Come give em a try, as well as the other models :D

cheese

Likes Dirt
Dicko888 said:
Im not sure if kingpins are a good idea to go on a hotdog frame. Get some statics or DJ's or something, not big ass DC forks.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
well yes and no. The problem is that the splice forks were only 2 weeks old. So the more we can prevent damage like this again- the better. But agreed- it would ride nicer with the single crowns. Strength is the key here though.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
MTB_91 said:
and also hav u still got that Sun ditch witch or rhyno lite or wateva it was rim
if u do has it got a hub and cassete or is it just the rim?
PM is also an option...

but to your bike IMO Steer far away from Mazocchi DJs ... depedning on what you plan rideing i would go a pair of manitou balck elite (not the RTWD) or may be some stance blunts?

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much do you have to spend?
If you're on a large budget, get sherman jumpers. if you're on a not-so-large budget try the Manitou Splice super for $595 at www.fortheriders.com
If you want a hifh quality for with a bit more travel than the sherman jumper, you could look at the Rock Shox Pike or Reba, or get a Sherman Firefly with a black travel reduction kit.