Formula One world championship

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I would have loved to have seen Dan clear of damage and chasing Seb. I know Lewis had a bitch at the start about Nico but the difference is Lewis will put his head down and keep racing even when he is outside the points. Nico? He just tries to get ahead of Lewis.

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
anyone else see the slow mo of ricciardo 4 wheel drifting/powerslide out of the final corner onto the straight...was beautiful...even if it made him get crap drive out of that turn and subsequently overtaken by bitch hamilton; it was still poetry in motion

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spa this weekend.

I just read Ferrari has locked in Kimi for 2016 on a one year deal, looks like he'll call it quits after that.

That's probably stopped any major driver line-up changes for most teams next year. Looks like that Ferrari seat will be hotly contested for 2017 though.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Ricciardo vs. Bottas for the seat in 2017; however, Vettel might not be a fan of having to fight Dan again in equal machinery. Also Dan might think that staying with RB in 2017 could be the best move if they sign a deal for Mercedes engines. Minimal Adrian Newey input vs. Mercedes engine, it could be a tough call.

Bottas wants the seat as Williams don’t have the budget to compete at the very top end long term.

Other than these two I don’t see any other real contenders for the seat unless Ferrari wants to go for a youngster to ride as number 2 to Vettel.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ricciardo vs. Bottas for the seat in 2017; however, Vettel might not be a fan of having to fight Dan again in equal machinery. Also Dan might think that staying with RB in 2017 could be the best move if they sign a deal for Mercedes engines. Minimal Adrian Newey input vs. Mercedes engine, it could be a tough call.

Bottas wants the seat as Williams don’t have the budget to compete at the very top end long term.

Other than these two I don’t see any other real contenders for the seat unless Ferrari wants to go for a youngster to ride as number 2 to Vettel.
I did read that Ferrari are possibly hawking Verstappen for 2017 onwards, even though he is a contracted Red Bull driver. Apparently his old man Jos 'the boss' has very good relations throughout the grid and may be able to negotiate the deal.

I can't see Dan moving from Red Bull to Ferrari where effectively he'd be the #2. I'd be sure Vettel has #1 status written into his contract so anyone joining him would be second fiddle!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Don't forget that Ferrari have a junior driver program, although they seem very reluctant to elevate young drivers. Jules Bianchi was in their system and would most likely have been in red next year had things gone differently.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thoughts on the Singapore GP?

I'm just finishing the recording now, it's refreshing to see someone other than the Silver Arrows at the front. Good race by Ricciardo as well.

That Jenson Button wing incident was pretty spectacular, imagine being in the car it landed on...

Oh yeah, was pretty drunk during qualifying last night, and I chucked 3 bets down. 2 paid out - Force India to have the first car to retire and the winning margin to be less than 5.5 seconds.
The 3rd bet was Maldonado to be the first driver to retire...

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thoughts on the Singapore GP?

I'm just finishing the recording now, it's refreshing to see someone other than the Silver Arrows at the front. Good race by Ricciardo as well.

That Jenson Button wing incident was pretty spectacular, imagine being in the car it landed on...

Oh yeah, was pretty drunk during qualifying last night, and I chucked 3 bets down. 2 paid out - Force India to have the first car to retire and the winning margin to be less than 5.5 seconds.
The 3rd bet was Maldonado to be the first driver to retire...
I cringed when the debris from Button's car hit the car behind, was all too similar to Justin Wilson's incident. :(

Hulkenberg has been given a three grid spot penalty for the Massa incident and I don't agree with it. It's a motor race, both guys are going for the position yet neither would have seen the other guy. Why penalize either of them? That was a shit call.
Maldonado got away with more of his dangerous shit, fair cop that Button ran into him but fucking hell, the dopey fuckwit Maldonado did the exact same shit on the next lap and nearly wiped a few more guys out. To top it off, he's been re signed to the team for next year! It's a sad situation when turds like that occupy space on the grid.

Can anyone give me a reason other than race fixing to explain Mercedes' lack of pace? That car is better than every other car in every part of a circuit and all of a sudden they just go shit and fall apart? This shit is getting far too obvious and is a bit contributor to the demise of F1 and sadly, it seems all too scripted.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I cringed when the debris from Button's car hit the car behind, was all too similar to Justin Wilson's incident. :(

Hulkenberg has been given a three grid spot penalty for the Massa incident and I don't agree with it. It's a motor race, both guys are going for the position yet neither would have seen the other guy. Why penalize either of them? That was a shit call.
Maldonado got away with more of his dangerous shit, fair cop that Button ran into him but fucking hell, the dopey fuckwit Maldonado did the exact same shit on the next lap and nearly wiped a few more guys out. To top it off, he's been re signed to the team for next year! It's a sad situation when turds like that occupy space on the grid.

Can anyone give me a reason other than race fixing to explain Mercedes' lack of pace? That car is better than every other car in every part of a circuit and all of a sudden they just go shit and fall apart? This shit is getting far too obvious and is a bit contributor to the demise of F1 and sadly, it seems all too scripted.
That's a bit tin-foil hat, dude. Every team has off days and Singapore's an incredibly tough circuit on both cars and drivers. It's bumpy, tight, incredibly hot and humid and the drivers try to keep their body clock on european time despite it being dark when they race. It's pretty much a cuntier Monaco.

Also if Mercedes took a dive, how do you explain Red Bull's pace? Or Mclaren's even (prior to their cars inevitably shitting themselves that is...)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Little Thing I have just learned:

Ferrari means 'Smith' as in 'blacksmith' and is the most popular occupationally-related surname in italy.

Doesn't seem quite so exotic now...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That's a bit tin-foil hat, dude. Every team has off days and Singapore's an incredibly tough circuit on both cars and drivers. It's bumpy, tight, incredibly hot and humid and the drivers try to keep their body clock on european time despite it being dark when they race. It's pretty much a cuntier Monaco.

Also if Mercedes took a dive, how do you explain Red Bull's pace? Or Mclaren's even (prior to their cars inevitably shitting themselves that is...)
Yeah, I know, I'm just becoming more skeptical of the whole thing lately and reading up on targeted marketing is just fueling my enthusiasm to believe F1 is one of the worst offenders.
Another part of me believes the tyre pressure debacle in Monza could be a bigger gig than we were led to believe with Mercedes getting sprung and now suffering to an extent. Frankly, I just cannot see a way that those cars were hunks of shit all of a sudden on a straight forward venue.

I'm very keen to see the VW /Audi thing happen. The word is Audi have had an F1 engine in development but that's here say with no real proof. It'd be great to see more manufacturersw getting into F1 and spicing it up, even if it is mid pack to start with.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah, I know, I'm just becoming more skeptical of the whole thing lately and reading up on targeted marketing is just fueling my enthusiasm to believe F1 is one of the worst offenders.
Another part of me believes the tyre pressure debacle in Monza could be a bigger gig than we were led to believe with Mercedes getting sprung and now suffering to an extent. Frankly, I just cannot see a way that those cars were hunks of shit all of a sudden on a straight forward venue.

I'm very keen to see the VW /Audi thing happen. The word is Audi have had an F1 engine in development but that's here say with no real proof. It'd be great to see more manufacturersw getting into F1 and spicing it up, even if it is mid pack to start with.
Yeah, hopefully they'll have better luck than Honda so far. Whether Audi want to go through all the drama that Honda and Renault are going through is another story. Personally I blame the FIA. Fair enough the move to V6 hybrids was inevitable but it could have been managed so much better. It's such a radical change that takes so much away from the teams and places it in the hands of the engine manufacturers that I reckon the first 3 seasons should have been run as testing seasons with no restrictions on engine tests / replacements etc. and a mandatory level of transparency and sharing of technology to ensure that every manufacturer can at least field a working engine.

This shit with farcical grid penalties and constant DNFs is not what should be expected from the 'pinnacle of motorsport'

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Regarding the Merc conspiracy theory - If they had their usual form, Hamilton would have equalled Senna's most consecutive poles record and been on course to beat it. That's not something you'd toss aside lightly in a vain attempt to line someone else's pockets...

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't Hamilton's car have throttle problems?
I thought I heard the commentary say that it was the actual pedal, and not a software issue..?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The word on the tsreet is Jenson Button will retire after this season and he'll announce it in Japan this weekend.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The word on the tsreet is Jenson Button will retire after this season and he'll announce it in Japan this weekend.
Yeah just been reading it in the Fairfax papers. I'll be sad to see him go, he's always been a quality driver capable of the odd surprise and he seems like a hell of a sound bloke too.

I quite like the idea of Mclaren being the 'old farts' team and would liked to have seen him and Alonso in a competitive car next season.