Formula One world championship

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeap, got a notification yesterday. Now, one 56 dollar hooker, or 56 one dollar hookers...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Plow King

Little bit.
Being near Eastern Europe I'm sure you can opt for the quantity over quality option.

Also if anyone needs acccomodation and you're not a total n00b to the forum and I've interacted with you at some point in time I may be able to help out with accomodation for the gp. It's stupid paying $200 a night when all you need is a bed. Might aswell spend it on roubds of drinks or mclaren merchandise to shit Dozer off.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
or mclaren merchandise to shit Dozer off.
Hahaha, I'm kind of convinced you and POSM only wear it to annoy me. It works! ;)
The Australian summer seems so hollow without a Grand Prix to watch. Safe to say, I may just watch the season from start to finish again until March comes around.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFER0esusF0

Have a look at that video. It runs through the alleged yellow flag pass very well. It does clearly show Vettel's pass was legit. The pass at the end of the video that no one has bought up however...........is illegal. It's suggested Ferrari are doing an investigation. It'd be a shame to see it end in a courthouse as it means jackshit now. The champagne has been sprayed, the official results are in, Vettel is champ and he earned it. However, it would be a classic Ferrari showed their evidence (whatever it may be) then did not pursue the investigation and walked off knowing they were right about it. I reckon Kimi would even crack a giggle at that. ;)

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
He did well with the explanations in that video. I think the outcome would have been the same as the incident in question happened in the first 5 laps.

As Dozer has said, the event has been run, won and celebrated. Leave it at that.

Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I'd have a cow pie in my eye.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Another point I have to add is I'm pretty sure a marshal waving a flag over rules the digital flag. For example, if the digital flag is static yellow and the dude waving the flag has a red and yellow flag, his flag is the superior flag.
Bottas has been confirmed to replace Senna at Williams. I would've sacked Senna because he didn't punt Vettel hard enough. ;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
However, it would be a classic Ferrari showed their evidence (whatever it may be) then did not pursue the investigation and walked off knowing they were right about it. I reckon Kimi would even crack a giggle at that. ;)
Now now Dozer. We both know that given past actions the only way Ferrari could claim the moral high-ground would be by being placed in the Big Brother House alongside Anders Breivik, Josef Fritzl and Lance Armstrong!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Plow, I edited the thread title so we can keep our banter going on in here for season's to come.

2013: What are your predictions?
-No DRS in anywhere other than the DRS zone in practice and qualifying.
-The last year of V8's......supposedly.
-A fair few driver changes
-A pledge from rule makers to make the stepped nose disappear!
-Can Hamilton lift Merc to bigger and better things?
-Can Perez win a race?
-Will Grosjean move on to something more appropriate..........rodeo riding perhaps?
-Will Valterri Bottas be what Frank Williams expects him to be and better Maldonado?
-Will it be Webber's last season?
-Is Ricciardo being groomed as a Red Bull pilot?
-Will Plow King buy yet more ugly silver and pink clothes and have a $16 hamburger from Albert Park chucked at him from a giggling Dozer?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Plow, I edited the thread title so we can keep our banter going on in here for season's to come.

2013: What are your predictions?
-No DRS in anywhere other than the DRS zone in practice and qualifying.
-The last year of V8's......supposedly.
-A fair few driver changes
-A pledge from rule makers to make the stepped nose disappear!
-Can Hamilton lift Merc to bigger and better things?
-Can Perez win a race?
-Will Grosjean move on to something more appropriate..........rodeo riding perhaps?
-Will Valterri Bottas be what Frank Williams expects him to be and better Maldonado?
-Will it be Webber's last season?
-Is Ricciardo being groomed as a Red Bull pilot?
-Will Plow King buy yet more ugly silver and pink clothes and have a $16 hamburger from Albert Park chucked at him from a giggling Dozer?
DRS: Hopefully RBR will opt for a setup with some semblence of top end speed, helping Webber make passes after he inevitably falls back down the field.
Engine: Meh, it'll change at some point, won't be the first, won't be the last; cars will still be fast.
Drivers: Mercedes will mostly suck, Hamilton will be humble for another season. Button will get the shits with Perez and his crash-success-crash-crash form.
Stepped nose will hang around, but will be covered by a superficial fairing.
Grosjean to have a great start to the season, maybe even a win, then decide that isn't for him, and go back to playing Titanic to everyone else's iceberg.
No.
Webber will try and hang around, if only to take the mantle of RBR #1, for at least one season, once Vettel makes the jump to the boys in red for 2014.
Yes, to replace Vettel (love that lineup btw)
Probably.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Iceberg to the Titanic, nice. ;)
I can never see Vettel driving for Ferrari while ever Alonso is around. I'd like to see it but I cannot imagine it'll be anything other than total domination and a great contest between the two or it'd be Alonso and Hamilton at McLaren all over again; a flipping disaster.
My wild prediction for the future is Raikkonen to Red Bull.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm with Dozer on this one. It's always been known that Fernando does not play well with others and given the pace of Ferrari lately, the potential for a move to 4-cylinders and the continued ban on in-season testing, I can see things become slightly harder for Ferrari especially when Red Bull are outspending them.

Why Vettel would ever want to jump ship is beyond me...

Ivan

Eats Squid
Why Vettel would ever want to jump ship is beyond me...

To do a 'Rossi, and try and prove the it's the man, and not the machine, behind all those world titles. I would suspect that if he did his adventure would follow a similar story as Rossi's.

driftking

Wheel size expert
No reason to jump ship from the top team already, redbull have there fall backs at top speed but they are still clearly the top team. even If Ferrari was top and redbull fell in second Id doubt vettel would go from no1 driver to be Alonso's second man.
Id love to see a redbull aus team with Riccardo and webber but I couldnt imagine that would really be good for team support and finances.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Rumours are the contract already exists, and the move is set for 2014, depending on Ferrari's results through the middle of next season. I can see why Vettel might want to go, firstly the prove his mettle thing (although surely for that he'd be better off going to Caterham), and secondly because it's still Ferrari. They're a big deal, and I'm pretty sure you then get to retire with an FIA pension.

Apparently Nando was given the option of potentially having Vettel or Hamilton, and he said no to Lewis.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fuck, Lotus have confirmed Grosjean for 2013. I would've preferred some bad arse NASCAR driver, at least he would be predictable.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fuck, Lotus have confirmed Grosjean for 2013. I would've preferred some bad arse NASCAR driver, at least he would be predictable.
Most NASCAR drivers are physically incapable of fitting into an F1 cockpit although obviously there is an exception to be made for Danica Patrick, who I'd love to see in F1. Not at the expense of Grosjean however.

I will admit I'm disappointed Lotus have kept him on as he is a bloody liability but I do like the fact that his presence on the grid gives the sport a bit of a wildcard edge. I just wish he was driving for a shit team like HRT, Marussia or Ferrari*

Last edited: