Formula One world championship

K.C.

Likes Dirt
what's with the mandatory pit stop, even the hard tyres also limited, they should last a bit longer, no? can't complain with 57 quali laps either :D
i think the FIA don't have much choice but to introduce a minimum drink storage of 2 to 3kg for the next hot climate race

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
what's with the mandatory pit stop, even the hard tyres also limited, they should last a bit longer, no? can't complain with 57 quali laps either :D
i think the FIA don't have much choice but to introduce a minimum drink storage of 2 to 3kg for the next hot climate race
From what I saw on the webs the high speed high loads on those kerbs caused the inside sidewall to begin to delaminate and thus the changes to make the rough bit outside track limits. After the sprint the new mediums that ran the full 19 laps, 14 or 15 at full noise after safety cars, still were a concern so the 18 lap maximum though tyres that had been used in practice and quali got a few more laps due to the slow in and out laps. Assume that the sidewall construction must be the same so it didn't matter whether soft, medium or hard the 18 laps was mandated which equates to 3 stops. Really meant no tyre management or real tyre degradation so teams were locked in to 16-18 lap stops.

Race was a bit average apart from Lewis's brilliant drive.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get messages from a friend about typical vegas during P1, log into kayo to see whats going on. yeah nah, cant do that when im working via a UK vpn. do they actually expevct me to work in a friday afternoon?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many ways can they screw over the fans in one evening? You'd think track designers know enough about road circuits to check the drain covers.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I presume that they will keep Charles which is dumb because Carlos is the one who can develop the car despite his lapses in judgement. Be interesting to see how this pans out across the paddock. McLaren are the only ones locked in with two drivers as far as I know.