Forrest Festival 2011

fergo

Likes Dirt
I think it says something about both events on the same weekend when the World and National Champion passes up on his pet event and rides a multi stage race!!!!

Hope you all have a great time!!!!!

Hi Norm or anyone who has an answer

I was just wondering if you have decided on when stage one and four will start? I am trying to work out if I can make use of some free accommodation without having to get up at sparrows fart to make the start line on time.

Thanks

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Registered.

Not only that, but I scored the last room at the Forrest Guest House for Saturday night.

Job done!!!

Last edited:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Hey norm, regarding stages 2 and 3, will people still climbing "up" sections of red carpet have to contend with people going "down" on red carpet?

Don't want to have a head on collision :)

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Hey norm, regarding stages 2 and 3, will people still climbing "up" sections of red carpet have to contend with people going "down" on red carpet?

Don't want to have a head on collision :)
Yes we've not only thought of this but the solution us awesome. But yes riders will ve going up as others come down. But no shared trail.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Forrest Trail Crew Donation

G'Day All,

Just like to send a public "Thank-You" to the Forrest Festival organisers.

For every entry into the Forrest Festival, $5 will be donated to the Forrest MTB Trail Crew to go towards maintenance of the trails riders will be using over the week-end. :clap2:

The trail crew has been working hard, putting down limestone to help weather proof areas of the trail network, as well as construction of a trailer to hold all of their gear and make getting into the trails easier.

A section of Red Carpet known locally as "Tiger Snake Alley" has been upgraded by the World Trail crew, and DSE crew has been working hard on some of the Yaugher trails.

See you all on the last week-end of November

Regards

Roland

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Sunday August 28

G'Day All,

If anyone is in Forrest this week-end, the Trail Crew will be out working on part of the network to be used in the Forrest Festival.

After the maintenance they have organised a ride for everyone.

Meet at the West Barwon Reservoir car park at 12.00pm Sunday.

All you need is your bike and a little enthusiasm

If you don't have an MTBA membership, the club will cover the cost of a day licence for you.

Regards

Roland

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Rider Information Pack - 2011

Rider info packs will be started to be emailed out as of next week.
We've been busy with the "Road Management" stuff... which is pretty much all done now. This will allow us to give riders not only a safe passage at all times, but also an awesome ride.

Thanks for everyones support.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Flights are booked! I guess flying into Avalon is the closest and easiest to get to Forrest.

Im pretty keen to see the Forrest community getting behind this event. This event has so much potential. I hope it all works out as good as it sounds!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Flights are booked! I guess flying into Avalon is the closest and easiest to get to Forrest.

Im pretty keen to see the Forrest community getting behind this event. This event has so much potential. I hope it all works out as good as it sounds!
Flying Tiger airways?