TAS FOUND WTB: 29er fork and wheel

i_s

Likes Bikes
Item: 36 or Lyrik and a 29 inch front wheel
Price range/Willing to Pay: Fork: $600 ish. Wheel: $200?
Extra Info: wanting to do a mullet build so chasing a fork and wheel+tyre. Interested any or all of those. Fork needs at least a 175mm steerer and ideally 160 travel in boost.
don’t want anything too worn out. Needs to be usable for regular riding.

safreek

I was giving these thoughts til I noticed they were 29r.
Bit of a leak on the left side bottom but the airspring holds air.
Just a thought for you.
If it's your cuppa I can post them for you. Not sure if boost though

i_s

Likes Bikes
I was giving these thoughts til I noticed they were 29r.
Bit of a leak on the left side bottom but the airspring holds air.
Just a thought for you.
If it's your cuppa I can post them for you. Not sure if boost though

Hmm… thanks but probably a little too rough. Also trying to avoid 38/zeb… bit too much fork for what I need.

i_s

Likes Bikes
Thanks yes have looked at that one already, not super keen to add an extra 1/2 kg to the bike (smashpot) and seems like conversion back to air spring may not be doable?
You’re all making me sound like a fussy a-hole now!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Thanks yes have looked at that one already, not super keen to add an extra 1/2 kg to the bike (smashpot) and seems like conversion back to air spring may not be doable?
You’re all making me sound like a fussy a-hole now!
conversion back to air is no problems. This would be a good fork as it has the damper tuned to get get rid of the harshness the standard forks suffer from.

i_s

Likes Bikes
conversion back to air is no problems. This would be a good fork as it has the damper tuned to get get rid of the harshness the standard forks suffer from.
Vorsprung says otherwise… risk of air chamber being scored etc. I’ll do some more reading.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Vorsprung says otherwise… risk of air chamber being scored etc. I’ll do some more reading.
They say ‘may’ to cover themselves. I haven’t heard of anyone who has had an issue going back to air. I’ve done it myself on several forks. Maybe @Jpez could convert it back to test if you motivate him enough :D

Jpez

Down on the left!
They say ‘may’ to cover themselves. I haven’t heard of anyone who has had an issue going back to air. I’ve done it myself on several forks. Maybe @Jpez could convert it back to test if you motivate him enough :D
I was thinking of pulling the SP out anyway so happy to revert it and test air pressure for a couple of weeks and let you know @i s

Reactions: i_s