TAS FOUND

PJO

in me vL comy
Item: Small (15") hardtail frame, more trail than XC oriented, 66-68 head angle, 100-130mm fork travel.
Location: I'm on Hobart, but would consider paying postage for the right frame.
Price range/Willing to Pay: Let me know what you got, it's for the young fella so not too expensive, maybe $100-180 for the right frame.
Extra Info: Not interested in carbon.
Probably a longshot but looking from something like the geo on the Vitus Nucleus V series
http://vitusbikes.com/products/nucleus-vrx-2018/
New frame on CRC is only $210 but shipping is $98...

GT La Bomba 2013 would be good...

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a felt hard tail in the stockpile. I'm not 100% on size, will check upon my triumphant return to the castle. It's black...which makes it bad ass.

Reactions: PJO

moorey

call me Mia
Hey @PJO, I’ve got an XS (14”) cube HT frame you can have for essentially postage. Daughter grown out of it.
Can get you a pic tomorrow if interested.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey @PJO, I’ve got an XS (14”) cube HT frame you can have for essentially postage. Daughter grown out of it.
Can get you a pic tomorrow if interested.
PJO has first dibs, but if you're keen on moving it I'm looking at something xs to build up for the young bloke soon. 26" and qr rear end?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the other guys frames aren't what you need I built up a Brand X HT01 for my lad, not sure about the Vitus but the lad had no problems at Maydena and Derby on the HT01 with a 140mm fork. Sucks that they have bumped the shipping so high! When I bought last year shipping was free, trying to offset weak Oz $ maybe or CRC just aren't what they were.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not sure my sled is as small as Moorey's. It probably won't be as light either. I'll snap a photo this morning and post it up.

PJO

in me vL comy
Thanks for all the replies guys!!
I've been thinking about it for a few days now...
@downunderdallas I reckon this is where I'm going to head, I found that Wiggle has the same frame for the same price and can ship it for half the cost of CRC (@safreek yep they are not what they used to be). That puts it at $230 including shipping, I think I have enough bits to put it together barring a bottom headset cup (which will add another ~$20). I have three boys and this is for the eldest so I reckon I'll get enough value out of it.
@iconic That Banshee frame looks great, my issue is that I'm convinced I want to move my boy away from cross-country geo. Myself I've been riding a slack (65HA) hardtail and it absolutely shits all over any XC hard tail for confidence and safety when descending. I've stuffed up quite a few times on that thing and would've definitely gone over the bars on something with a steeper HA, and yet the Moxie somehow kept me upright.
@moorey Thanks for the offer mate, he is just moving off an XS frame and while it is tempting to get it for one of my other boys they are about 4yrs away from anything that size so it would be better for someone else to make use of it rather than sit in my shed.

If I really had money to burn the NS Eccentric Alu Evo looks freakin' awesome, but $450 delivered is getting up there and I would have to get a new hub for the rear... Also the Nukeproof Scout looks good but again, price and hub standard.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's a felt double shot. There is no size indicator on the frame but the tape says the seat tube is 360mm from top of bottom bracket up to the top of the collar and the top tube is 520-525mm from edge of head tube to edge of seat tube (I don't know how to work that measure from the centre of the tube business). The head tube runs internal cups and I have a new external bottom cup + internal top cup that should allow the bike to run a tapered fork. Rear is 135x10mm. Bottom bracket looks like a threaded 68/73mm job that currently runs an internal Isis bb. There is iscg mounts on the frame but I don't know which ones. The hydrofoil 6061AL tubing looks nice and the paint job is a sort of matt finish. If you're interested shoot me a pm.
DSC_2950~2.JPG

PJO

in me vL comy
Thanks for looking @pink poodle.
Found the 2007 Felt catalog and yours looks like a 2007 http://2015.feltbicycles.com/Resources/MediaCatalogs/07Catalog(1).pdf
Geo with a 130mm 26" fork
Nominal SIZE: 15.5"
HA: 69.5
SA: 72
TTL Horiz.: 595
TTL C-C: 582
HEAD TUBE: 120
ST C-T: 380
ST C-C: 288
BB DROP: 20
CHAIN STAY: 430
FRONT CENTER: 662
WHEELBASE: 1092
RAKE: 43
STANDOVER: 710

Based on that geo I'll give it a miss, not slack enough and top tube probably too long for him.