Fox Vannila Brial Lopes RLC fork,

Rik

logged out
Not as far as I know, but DirtWorks may have brought one or two in.... and as for how much, I think it'll be $1300+

dillon

Likes Dirt
Will be interesting to see the real differences between that and other air or coil RLC's, besides the start-gate lock-down.

wombat

Lives in a hole
dillon said:
Will be interesting to see the real differences between that and other air or coil RLC's, besides the start-gate lock-down.
I was under the impression that that and the fancy decals were about the extent of it?

Rik

logged out
Oodles of wank factor. Incredibly huge amounts of it... just ask naz and squidly about it, wank factor is the only factor.
That's what you're paying for.
And the sticker.

Does anyone remember, someone did a count of how many times he had his name on his bike, something like 20+ different stickers bearing his name, talk about endorsment plus.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mmmm I'm not too sure bout "04" Fox Forx, but the 2003 models were plauged with problems, not a good sign but then every manufacture has problems now and then.

FOX are expencive, but from what I hear, and have felt they are certianly a great fork, but are they worth the price of admission?

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
dillon said:
I was under the impression that that and the fancy decals were about the extent of it?
The start-gate lockdown is a pretty big feature IMO... I wouldn't mind having something like that, you can use it for commuting too.

On the other hand, why buy suspension if you're just going to lock it out? ;)

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah it'd be great if all you did all day was ride 4X and busted out hours worth of gate snaps.

i'm sure it's a great feature but you really have to question how often you would really use it vs the price you pay for that feature.

i have a Vanilla RLC and i've never used the lock out or compression blow off after the first week i owned it.

S.

ex offender
Hmm... would it be any good for dirtjumping? ie bobless runup then the forks extend once you're into the pack?

Ty

Eats Squid
if anything i'd want it the other way around, suspension to suck up the bumps on the way to the jump and some suspension to get a nice pop off the lip then ridge when you land so you don't loose any momentum(sp?) pumping through the rythems

wombat

Lives in a hole
Socket said:
wombat said:
dillon said:
The start-gate lockdown is a pretty big feature IMO... I wouldn't mind having something like that, you can use it for commuting too.
How would it be any good for commuting? It would start out as a rigid fork, then you ride off the curb outside your house and it unlocks, so you have to stop, lock it again and off you go; until 50 metres down the road you hit a pot hole and.......

Another thought, how does it react to brake dive, will that cause it to unlock?

wombat

Lives in a hole
How will they help for jumping? Won't they unlock under the force of hitting the face, so you'll have a nice stiff fork turn into a "suspension" fork right at the most inoppourtune moment?

Rik

logged out
These are a very purpose-specific design, and honestly, I can't think of any situation other than the start gate sprint where they'd be of any use.

Might as well just stick with the standard RLC, unless you like having someone elses name on your product.

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
Socket said:
wombat said:
dillon said:
How would it be any good for commuting? It would start out as a rigid fork, then you ride off the curb outside your house and it unlocks, so you have to stop, lock it again and off you go; until 50 metres down the road you hit a pot hole and.......

Another thought, how does it react to brake dive, will that cause it to unlock?
Good point.... but most of the time I'm not riding off gutters when I'm commuting, I'm on the road or bike path.

Rik

logged out
Why would you need the "jimmy button" when a standard lockout will suffice for most things?