Frame

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuzzy, you are pritty set on the xlr8 so I reckon go for it :) THey are a nice frame and I think ben cory use to/might still does us the xlr8 for his dirt jumping :) Da bomb to me seem to have gotten a bad name due to there connection with "bombshell" in the states. I reckon go for it and I am sure DHD will fix you up if you have any problems :)

G

DHD

DHD might be the way im going or through my local bike shop im not sure yet

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Unimployed said:
... also consider a dmr or a gt ruckus but try to stay from mass producing companies like norco...
uhhhh, ok. You do realise that GT are owned by Pacific, quite probably the most mass producing-ist of all bike companies.

S.

ex offender
Any UK-made hardtails tend to be good stuff. DMR, Identiti, Revell, Curtis etc are all pretty sweet frames. SOME American hardtails are good (Evils, Endlesses, etc) but they tend to be very pricey.

Disclaimer: most of this post is made on hearsay and general conjecture. I haven't ridden any Evils etc, but everyone I've come across who owns one seems to be happy enough.

big dan

Likes Dirt
DMR are made in taiwan as well...there is nothing wrong with that though as taiwanese stuff is good these days

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
get a le toy 3 as far as i'm concerned...i'm fat and used it for everything from jumping to street to downhill runs on cootha...i ripped an eyelet out of my dt hubs and all kinds of stuff and it just copped it...watch the videos of the street riding on www.abikeonline.com and u will see they are indestructible...saying that tho ther are pricey, shame they don't import them anymore...i got mine for $700 aussie!

DOM

Eats Squid
Im selling my Boy Bike Co Frame for $275..
as Turley said they are pretty bloody good. It has really nice geometry for Ska8 parks ... jumping .. DH anything you want.

www.crashtestresearch.com.au has more info on the frames.

email me if your interested. I promise you a bloody good Hardtail frame. !.

Tim

Likes Dirt
ht frames

personally i would stay away from the DaBomb's there not bad value but they are produced in Asia if i'm not correct?+ a mate craked one. I'm not 100% sure on where DMR are made either it could be asia as well, but it's cromolly and i would trust a asian cromo frame over an asian Aluminium frame. I used to ride a Norco cromo 250 a pretty cool HT frame but again asian stuff. I have recently just built a up an 03 Intense Tazer HT and love it, i have found it soooo much easier to throw around than the 250. So basically this is my advise. If your going with a cheap Asian produced frame go with Cromo, if you decide to spend a little more go with an Aluminium top end frame, i.e Orange Miss Isle or Intense Tazer (i'll get photo's up soon, the nicest bike i have ever owned) I got my Tazer extreamly cheap from a guy in the states, that might be an option if your up for it. Oh was going to say i really dont like the geometry of the XLR8 the laid back seat post looks ugly and is impractical. You may even consider the RAD tubing DaBomb forget what it's called.

Tim

Ty

Eats Squid
well most people find it kind of hard to justify a $1500+ hardtail frame. i'd love to have a US handmade frame but when it comes to value for money stuff made in asia is damn good. i'm stoked with my Boybike, they are probably made in south east asia but i don't expect to be breaking it anytime soon. with the numbers of bikes being pumped out of factorys in asia you'd reckon they'd know a thing or two about making bikes by now. i don't know why you seem to have issues with stuff coming out of asia, coz yeah sony, technics, nissan, toyota all seem to be quality products, and guess what, there made in asia.
all bikes break at some point, just coz you mates bike broke that doesn't mean all DaBombs will break, i've seen bent shivers, does that mean all shivers must be crap?

[/rant over]

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
dmr made in the UK. theres only one good rider from england dose that mean.nah i won't go there.

yeah what the hell is wrong with mass produced bikes.ease of getting warrentie, and the like.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
it would be similar to what the da bombs and the ctr were 600 to 850. but im not sure if you can get them in oz .but i could be wrong.

G

I love them

I love those bikes and it didnt enter my head to get one cuzza overseas and stuff like the imperial is 1600 and the toy 3 is 1600 also so i thought it could be the same

G

i need a price if anyone has one because i cant go to the bike shop till monday and i gotta do some bargaining with the olds:p