Freeride/Trials without a bike. Holy Sh........

La pointe

Likes Dirt
Luc Besson (movie director for the Kiss of the dragon, The transporter, Unleached, The professional, 5th element..... and more recently Ong Bak) produced a french movie in 2001 called Yamakasi. It features this french dudes who "created" the sport .........I don't know if it's ever been released in Oz

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
thats pretty wicked!
Has anyone seen the guy who used to go to camberwell skatepark, used to back flip the spine and stuff on his feet... he was pretty whacky, had quite the funky personality!!

bit OT, but what is that name/artist of the song at the start of the movie??

you betcha one thousand post's!

Last edited:

24seven

Likes Dirt
Spooky said:
Yeh that shit is nuts..anyone know what that song is called at the start?
I'm pretty sure that it's Rob Dougan 'Clubbed to Death'. It's definitely Rob Dougan but not 100% on the name of the song.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
24seven said:
I'm pretty sure that it's Rob Dougan 'Clubbed to Death'. It's definitely Rob Dougan but not 100% on the name of the song.
Clubbed to death it is! (Has "Compact Disc Experience" written under the song title)

I was under the impression that Rob D was an Aussie. Anyone clarify this? I don't know why that track didn't go huge. It was released in *runs to find CD single* 1996 by mushroom records.

Dirt Master

Likes Dirt
That guys bloody insane!!!
He must be a gymnast or sumtin like that but that is trials without abike for sure!!!
Nice work!

storyz

Likes Bikes
thats so awsome.
makes me feel like im wasting my time walking around the city.

the last rap sounds like it's blumentopf. but i can't be sure.

24seven

Likes Dirt
scblack said:
I'd hate to see the state of their ankles after a few years though.
In theory because they land pretty much all of the big stuff by going into a tuck and roll position they save their ankles a bit. A lot of the better guys also have a gimnastics (sp) background.

I'd be more worried about short term injury like falling off a building!

Do a search on the net and try and find the video that one of these guys did for the BBC. It's mental. Absolutely massive jumps between buildings.

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
Yeah my cousin has this one where that guy descends a hotel with a twin building next to it by jumping form balcony to balconty and descending. He's quite high up, but not like a skyscraper. He also proceeds to free climb an obelisk and does some huge backflips off roofs and stuff. If i can find out hwere it is i shall post it up.

[Z]

Likes Dirt
vando said:
Gee they just kept going and going, thats awesome, those skills would come in handy running from the cops i reckon!!!!!!!

i completely agree, watching that i knew iwas going to say it would come in handing getting away from the cops. they wouldn't hav a chance of keeping up because from what i know they dont get trained that kind of stuff.

the guys must be pretty strong to be able to do it aswell.

tris

Likes Bikes
yeah ive seen heaps of vids of these guys.. there absolutely nuts!! that guy would have to be one of the best ive ever seen though. id love to do it!!! great for a quiet escape ay.

Hüp

Likes Bikes
lukethedork said:
Ok, the 'Official name' isnt 'freerunning' alright... Thats just what alot of people call it cause it is somthing people sitting at home watching tv can relate to. It's name is 'Le Parkour' as said by Sebastien Foucan and David Belle (the founders). Theres been other posts on farkin.net about Parkour too if you read back a year or so ^.^. Practitioners of this 'sport' (i dont like calling it a sport as it is non competitive) are called 'Traceurs'. I believe 'Le Parkour' means 'the way' or 'the route'. Visit www.davidbelle.com (as name says) or www.parkour.com (Sebastien foucans site) or www.urbanfreeflow.com (largest UK and worldwide Parkour krew/group). The Urbanfreeflow people also known as 'Seidojin' have done ads for lots of European mobile phone and car companys. The latest video you can see some 'Parkour' in is on Madonna's - Hung Up (i think) video, Sebastien Foucan does a few moves. Visit www.sydneyparkour.com for the sydney parkour webpage (barely ever updated) there are a number of people in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and other cities in australia who practice Parkour. I myself am one of those people and we have regular practising sessions in sydney. PM me if you are interested although i am away until january.
Parkour is more than a sport, It's a way of living and a state of mind.
Almost right. Parkour, or, in the original french spelling, parcours, means to run an assault course or to take a journey. This is what the sport of Parkour is all about. I am pleased to be one of few in Australia that practice Parkour. Although we are nowhere near as good as the 'Dvinsk Clan' (the makers of that video), we practice a lot, and are working our way towards it. All of the above-mentioned sites are great, along with the site I like most of all, screwgravity.com. Check it out, and if you're interested, just do it. Many of us do this without knowing anyway, and it's just a small step further to take it up as a real discipline. I have found Parkour has almost replaced riding for me, however, the two benefit each other greatly.

Hüp

Likes Bikes
Nup, sorry, not currently. I'm working on one with some mates currently, but the only footage we have so far is on phones...

I'll let you know when we get round to making one though.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
i did gym till like age 7 when i hated my trainer so i quit :D i have tried some of that stuff in the past tho. father cool really. can only do mediocre wall running and vaults etc

crackett

Likes Dirt
hey does anyone no the song in that?? i reckon it would be awsome for and intro im working on for my movie!