Friday Night Winter Track Racing

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha nice one. I don't have any longs :( but I do have a long red/yellow woollen jersey I'll be sporting to try and keep me warm! Maybe bring the Ugg boots too :D

-Garth

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that was fucking awesome.

Most fun I've had on 2 wheels in a very very long time, definately be back next week. I think I'll sandbag in 5th for a couple more weeks while I learn the ropes a bit more, but am very keen to have a crack at 4th grade too.

Nice to put a face to the name Dunk :)

-Garth

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep it was a fun night, big fields, a couple of crashes, and some good racing. Hope to see some more farkiners out there soon...I should have left the handlebar tavern before closing though, not the best way to recover:mad: I'll be out there again tomorrow for some training seeing as the St Ives XC has been cancelled - thank god someone put a roof on a track somewhere:D

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in, but delaying/sandbagging my return to Div 2 for at least another week. I seem to be having a problem with my hip at the moment, I've pulled up very sore after a motorpacing session lastnight - nothing a testosterone patch (got any floating around at work Alchemist?) and a hip replacement won't fix;)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Sorry, I can find you Band-Aid strips of every possible sort and posstible some Nicorette patches.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Neither of those options are going to work, but if I have to choose 16mg Nicorette thanks:D Have you got your bike together yet Alchemist? I don't think you'll need to worry about Garth, your pretty quick of the line. Friday night is Sprint Night - yay! There may be some big fields in the sprints this week, might be some people taking flyers while the rest of the guys watch each other:D

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick question for Jasco, did you get a day licence last week for racing? If so thats great that paul is running the day licence - pretty rare in road circles. Might be a good reason for some more people to come and try it out:D

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be out :D

What sort of inches do you run for a sprint? was thinking either 91 or 86? (51-15 or 51-16)

I just hope I don't pull a Shane Kelly :p

-Garth

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be running 92.6", and around 88-90" when they do the standing start laps. I find 92.6" pretty good for most stuff and can't really be bothered changing cogs/chainrings, some guys were running low 80's and and one guy was on 108 last week.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Quick question for Jasco, did you get a day licence last week for racing? If so thats great that paul is running the day licence - pretty rare in road circles. Might be a good reason for some more people to come and try it out:D
Day licences are available somewhere around 23 to 25 bucks, Paul indicated he usually reduces the entry fee for those on day licences too.

Rob

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah sorry, missed that question. Yeah I got a day license, was $25 and he only charged me $5 for entry. Top bloke :)

-Garth

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Looks like the roll call for this week is

Dunk (still sand bagging in Div 3)
jasco
fatnold (did you get a matching bike for the girl?)
alchemist (fueld up on krispy creme donuts and caffiene and ready to go. I hope I dont flat too soon)

daGonz will be heckling from the stands.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got any donuts left Alchemist?:D I need to do some bulking up, not that the recent lack of activity isn't doing it for me anyway, but a donut wouldn't hurt....much.

JasonB

Likes Bikes
Fnwtr

Just thought I would post and say hi, I saw your post regarding the Friday night racing and last night I headed over to the drome and check out the action.
Man it looks like heaps of fun and would love to give it a go, do they have a beginners practice night, my old man has an old track bike in the shed a Malvern Star something star he said I could use, ot sure if it would pass?

I geuss you guys were out (shame I dont know what you look like or ride) what Div are you in, I thought the bloke riding the Surly might of been a MTB er but could see where he was sitting after the race. Great Night

Regards
Jason

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Man it looks like heaps of fun and would love to give it a go, do they have a beginners practice night
It did didn't it... I think I'm sold. Just need to source a bike for when I can next get out there in a couple of weeks. Don't know if they have a beginners night, but fatnold picked his bike up on the friday arve, rocked up and raced div 5. Jasco, Alchemist were also in Div 5 last night, and Dunk in Div 3.

I geuss you guys were out (shame I dont know what you look like or ride) what Div are you in, I thought the bloke riding the Surly might of been a MTB er but could see where he was sitting after the race. Great Night
Yeah it's not really a surly, but it's alchemists ;)

Cheers
Gonz - and track makes 7...

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Div 5 is for beginners, try and get there early for a bit of a role around before it gets to hectic (something I missed out on).

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was out last night, was in the retro red jersey on a black unmarked bike. As the others have said div 5 is the best place to start off, and once you get a feel for the track and following someones wheel you can move up to div4.Are you a member of any club? Cause it's much cheaer if you are than paying $25 a week for day licenses.Come say hi next week -garth