DH From Glory8 to Phoenix :) - Now Rebuilt!! :)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
RIGHTEO! So, I've finally finished the updated build! Took a while to get everything together, but I managed to hold out installing anything new until it was all here! Enjoy the updated bits after the initial stuff!

Well, over the weekend I've carefully & lovingly moved everything over from my old Glory8, to my lovely new Pivot Phoenix Frame :) Can't wait to get some dry weather to get her tweaked & dialed!

There's a few upgrades & tweaks to come, to lighten her up a little more, such as cranks, wheelset & tyres, plus a few little custom bits & pieces, but all in all I'm super stoked to be on this baby!

Thanks go to TBSM for the frame :)

Frame - Pivot Phoenix, Medium
Rear shock - Fox RC4, 350lbs Fox Spring
Front fork - Rockshox Totem Solo Air
Handlebars - Sunline V1 745mm
Stem - Raceface (dinner plate) Diablous
Headset - FAS The Pig 1.5"
Grips - Peaty Lock-Ons
Saddle - SDG I-Fly
Seatpost - SDG Micro I-Beam
Brakes -Avid Code 203mm
Cranks - RaceFace EvolveDH
Chainguide - MRP G2 Hybrid
Chain - KMZ
Pedals - Shimano M647
Rear derailleur - SRAM X.9
Rear shifter - SRAM X.9
Cassette - SRAM 11-24
Hubs - Sunringles
Rims - Mavix ex729s
Tyres - Minion DHF Super Tacky (F&R)
Total weight - 19.05kg

Now, onto round 2!

So, after a fair bit of good luck & hard word, I’ve finally managed to pull everything together that I’ve wanted to put on this bike from day one! She’s finally finished, and O Lordy does she ride sweet now!

Here’s the Updated Spec List :)

Frame – Pivot Phoenix DH, Medium.
Rear shock - Fox RC4
Spring - K9 Race 300lbs (Changed) (Thanks Pushie Enterprises!)
Front fork - Rockshox Totem Solo-Air
Handlebars - Sunline V1 Flat, 762mm (Changed)
Stem - Thomson Elite X4 1.5, 45mm (Changed)
Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series, 1.5 Straight (Changed)
Grips - Loaded Inc AMX No Slip Lock Ons (Changed) (Thanks Pushie Enterprises!)
Saddle - SDG I-Fly
Seatpost - SDG I-Beam Micro
Brakes - 2012 Avid Codes (Changed)
Rotors - Hope Floating (Saw) Rotors, 203mm (Changed)
Cranks - Race Face Atlas (Changed)
Chainring – E13 36t Single Ring (Changed)
Chainguide - Csixx 150gm Carbon (Changed) (Thanks Pushie Enterprises!)
Chain - Dura-Ace 9spd (Changed)
Cassette - SRAM Road 11-24t
Pedals -Shimano XT Trail PD-M785 (Changed)
Rear derailleur - SRAM X9 Short Cage
Shifter - SRAM X0 (Changed)
Hubs - Hope Pro2 Evo (Changed)
Rims - Stans Flow (Changed)
Spokes - Loaded Inc. Green (Changed) (Thanks Pushie Enterprises!)
Tyres - Maxxis Ardent DH 3C, 2.4 (Changed)
Total weight - 17.5kg :) :)

And the Updated Photos :)

And, for reference, the originals :)

Original Frame :)
IMG_5489.JPG
Build, round one :)
IMG_5552.jpg

Last edited:

needaride

Likes Dirt
sick bike, is there alot of difference in how the suspension feels/performs? (between the glory and the pivot)

The linkage on the pivot looks very similar to maestro, but obviously the ratios, pivot placements etc. are different...

Isildur

The Real Pedant
sick bike, is there alot of difference in how the suspension feels/performs? (between the glory and the pivot)

The linkage on the pivot looks very similar to maestro, but obviously the ratios, pivot placements etc. are different...
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet unfortunately! It rained a fair bit on Sat night, and a bit more on Sunday, so by the time I was finished on Sunday the trails would have been too wet (especially for a brand w bike!)

luv it,,,
how much its weight?
It came in at 19.05kgs. The wheelset, tyres & tubes are heavy SOBs though (with a DH tube in the front & a FR tube in the back), so it'll drop 1.5 or so by the time I change the wheelset!

Great looking bike mate,
I am very keen to see how they ride because I am in the market for a new ride soon next year, and everything is an option at the moment. So yea I would love to know how they ride.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hazza - You bet mate! I hear the Chicken Run is looking a lot better than when I was last there! Anytime you wanna come down to Sydney to ride som real stuff though (;)) You're more than welcome to come along.

Yeti - As soon as I've got some time on it, I'll post a full report!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I was wondering how long it would take you to get one of these, looks the goods mate, its not ridden til it comes up here!!!!:eek:range:
I just got my new 36's with kashima for my evo, fun times ahead brother!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, but Todd, what is there to ride up there? ;) ;) It might be a bit of a struggle to pedal her around Scribblies! :p

I suppose there's that track that no one knows about ;) Or perhaps head even further out at hit up Lithgow...

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Yeah, but Todd, what is there to ride up there? ;) ;) It might be a bit of a struggle to pedal her around Scribblies! :p

I suppose there's that track that no one knows about ;) Or perhaps head even further out at hit up Lithgow...
Yeah i been doing a lot more here that would suit long travel, you would love it now, very techy parts, get my bike back probably thursday, forks are on, but adaptor needs renewing for the 20mm thru!..i now have 2012 fox 36's talas with fit and kashima, they look spectacular.
I now want to start doing some light downhill, need some people to take me, looking at you fella, also a day out doing lockyers followed by cox's is on the cards!
That bike looks the absolute goods mate!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hazza - You bet mate! I hear the Chicken Run is looking a lot better than when I was last there! Anytime you wanna come down to Sydney to ride som real stuff though (;)) You're more than welcome to come along.
I finish class at 10.30 tomorrow, I may just have to hit up chicken run. Lapstone's been nice, I've just been hitting up the single track stuff on my Sunday, but people are putting wood with nails sticking out on jumps etc, dangerous :/

Keen to see how you think it rides, dw link too, wondering if it's any similar to the old Sunday, expecting it to be a step up again.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Heya Dude,
Gotta work tomorrow dude! That's the problem with a full time job, gotta work every day :p

Will catch ya one weekend soon!

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
damn, that's the second bike build thread of yours I've had to wipe drool off my keyboard from in as many days! nice bikes indeeed, ride 'em hard!!!

fastrider gus

super huck
I've gone from a glory to a phoenix too, the difference is amazing!
They look 1000 times better without most of the decals but its a prick to get all the sticky shit off!