fullys at skatepark, Australia says no!

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Bottomed out much!? :eek:
proves how much stress goes into hardtail/rigid frames...
any idea what the frame is?

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Bottomed out much!? :eek:
proves how much stress goes into hardtail/rigid frames...
any idea what the frame is?
No it doesn't, it shows that the guy riding it it a hack if it's bottoming out that much and/or it's set-up really really soft.

Big bikes at skateys are stupid.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Why would you ever ride a full suss dh rig at a skate park, especially with a full face???

Just plain stupid if you ask me :p

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Whatever floats your boat. What ever happened to "run what ya brung"? I've ridden my dual suspension 4x bike at a skate park, I've also ridden my DH bike on a 4X track. It's all about having a good time and not giving a shit about what's the latest fad. This sounds like another version of "no MTBs at the DJs" or "no BMXs at the skate park" etc kind of crap. Who gives a shit what other crew are riding, as long as they ride respectfully good on them. At least they're riding and not sitting around bitching and thinking they're a face.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe ;)...

aha nah only kidding.

but serious, how the fuck do people manage to bottom out fully's?

I can bearly use more then half on my mates iron hoarse.
your meant to set up dh bikes to almost bottom out otherwise your not using full travel thats how

Airbourne Unit

Likes Dirt
I can get air over the coping in the halfpipe on my stinky, and ill wear my fullface if you like. Yes i prefer my hardtail, but saying duelies in a skate park arnt welcome or is stupid is just "ignent" (ignorent). As for fullfaces, id rather a fullface than nothing which is what most of the kiddies wear where i come from

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whatever floats your boat. What ever happened to "run what ya brung"? I've ridden my dual suspension 4x bike at a skate park, I've also ridden my DH bike on a 4X track. It's all about having a good time and not giving a shit about what's the latest fad. This sounds like another version of "no MTBs at the DJs" or "no BMXs at the skate park" etc kind of crap. Who gives a shit what other crew are riding, as long as they ride respectfully good on them. At least they're riding and not sitting around bitching and thinking they're a face.
how can you have fun on a dually at a skate park, it will soak up ever bit of speed you get.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
how can you have fun on a dually at a skate park, it will soak up ever bit of speed you get.
When it's the only bike you've got. I used to.

Full-face at the skatie does seem a bit of overkill though - if you all want to nitpick over photos from pinkbike we'll have threads popping up every 10 seconds.
Unfortunately half of those guys just won't know any better..It is pinkbike afterall :)

Knight

Likes Dirt
The guy in the pic Kirky has is getting raped by his tire...Bender Jnr?
IMHO so long as you're giving it a shot, who cares about the ride?
Admittedly, a DH rig isn't suited to a skatepark at all but maybe the rider is mucking around? Just a guess?