Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Media release from CORC attached, announcing end of relationship with 24 Hours of Adrenalin, and formation of a new series of world champs events, with the first 3 years of dates and locations confirmed.

The Italian Riviera next May sound OK ??

Back in Canberra in 2013 for the Centenary of the City (and the 10th anniversary of the fires from which Stromlo Forest Park grew).

Then Fort William (Ben Nevis) for the Relentless 24Hr in 2014.

View attachment CORC Media Release 3Sep2011.pdf

Beechie

Banned
A.G.Thomas
Again it is about time that a couple of organizations like CORC form an alliance and rotate the "24 hour solo and teams International World Championship." I dream of knowing that once every four years the event would be in our region and I know years ahead which country will hold a real World Championship.

Too little, too late, and so wrong.
Looks like predictions and hopes are being delivered. Sensational moves.
Ah all the WSC gear and medals (I wish) are now redundant.
Competition between events for what is the world championship......... We ride in interesting times.
Laughing here, but it a bit like boxing 83 world champions in the same weight division. Now is the chance to be a twice world champion in one year.
Goodbye WSC RIP.

macboy

Likes Dirt
Excited much!

Wow, Italian Riviera, how sweet would that be? Back in Aus in 2013, I may have to put my 24Hr retirement plan on hold. Scotland in 2014, wouldn't have to ask the wife twice to visit her favourite holiday destination. :clap2:

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Laughing here, but it a bit like boxing 83 world champions in the same weight division. Now is the chance to be a twice world champion in one year.]
If some one wins both are they the 48 hour World Champion?

Hooch

Likes Bikes
Wow
nice to see that someone is stepping up to the plate and putting down a long term plan for a WSC
gratz to CORC for having a go at this, after last years event I don't think they will have any problems convincing
elite rides to come to their events.
not sure how the 24 hours of adreneline not being part of Scott will impact it, hopefully not at all and that the event will
live on as the 24hr mecca of pleasure and pain and all things mtb we have all come to know and love
:cheer2:

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
Scott 24 Hours of Adrenalin - 2011 / World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships 2012

Just a week after the 24 Hours of Adrenalin (July 2011) in Canmore Alberta, we (twenty4 sports) announced the 2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships would return to North America. At that time we announced the date of September 14 - 16, 2012 and that the venue would be awarded very soon. Yesterday we announced that the town of Canmore was awarded the 2012 event. The announcement was sent out to all past participants and CORC.

We at twenty4 sports, are very excited about the 2012 event.

Attached is the press release for the 2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships that was sent out yesterday.

team twenty4 sports

Attachments

Boreit

Likes Dirt
Thank You CORC for all the work you perform tirelessly for mtbing! :)

The time has come for the athletes to make the determination which contest will be the REAL WSC. Italy here we come!

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Just a week after the 24 Hours of Adrenalin (July 2011) in Canmore Alberta, we (twenty4 sports) announced the 2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships would return to North America. At that time we announced the date of September 14 - 16, 2012 and that the venue would be awarded very soon. Yesterday we announced that the town of Canmore was awarded the 2012 event. The announcement was sent out to all past participants and CORC.

We at twenty4 sports, are very excited about the 2012 event.

Attached is the press release for the 2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships that was sent out yesterday.

team twenty4 sports
Yeah Stu, but I think you missed the two main points:
- You showed a lack of organisation in being unable to make the announcement far enough ahead of time that people could make plans
- You showed typical american arrogance by yet again taking another 'world' championship back to North America, something the rest of the world really grew tired of a long time ago.

I'd hazard a guess that there's probably every chance if you'd stayed outside North America, you wouldn't have caused an alternative option to fire up.

Canberra gave you the perfect opportunity to fix these issues and take the event to, say, Europe, or Asia. So while I'm sure you'll be able to continue to run this as a business operating in North America, the rest of the world is likely to move on to what's going to be much bigger.

Really this shows to us that the "24 Hours of Adrenaline World Championships" is just that - the "24 Hours of Adrenaline" world championships, not the world championships of 24hr mountain biking.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When will somebody have a crack at the triple crown?

CORC 24hr WSC
24HOA 24hr WSC
Bike on Fire 24hr WSC (seems to be supported by the German speaking world, track is almost roady friendly)

Win

Likes Dirt
I really like the idea of the Italian week, solo one weekend, team the next, twice the fun for the one big cost

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
So, most importantly, whose up for sharing pit crew? It's been pointed out to me that supporting a rider while breast feeding and looking after a 3 yr old might not be fun...

akashra

Eats Squid
Anyone wanna put their hands up to run the first 24hr cyclocross world champs? Full cross rules, including no drink bottles ;p

Oh how brutal that race would be.

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Yeah Stu, but I think you missed the two main points:
- You showed a lack of organisation in being unable to make the announcement far enough ahead of time that people could make plans
- You showed typical american arrogance by yet again taking another 'world' championship back to North America, something the rest of the world really grew tired of a long time ago.

I'd hazard a guess that there's probably every chance if you'd stayed outside North America, you wouldn't have caused an alternative option to fire up.

Canberra gave you the perfect opportunity to fix these issues and take the event to, say, Europe, or Asia. So while I'm sure you'll be able to continue to run this as a business operating in North America, the rest of the world is likely to move on to what's going to be much bigger.

Really this shows to us that the "24 Hours of Adrenaline World Championships" is just that - the "24 Hours of Adrenaline" world championships, not the world championships of 24hr mountain biking.
Tim,

First of all, unless you are intimately aware of what it is that Stu goes through to put one of these events together, particularly in a foreign country, then you have no right to comment on his organisational skills. For the past several years he has managed to run increasingly successful events culminating with the one here in Aus. There could be any number of reasons for him not being able to pull together a 2011 worlds event including:
- The inability to source a hosting club/organisation able to demonstrate both the knowledge and drive to logistically support such an event,
- A family crisis that he may not, and rightly so, wished to have made public knowledge to the world MTB community,
- Simply not wanting to.
Regardless, the fact is that he is running all of these events as a private promoter and is therefore allowed to do whatever he wants. There is no mandate from a governing body or other overarching agreement to be upheld and as such you have absolutely no right to expect that he will conduct himself in any particular manner. It follows then that you are equally unable to be annoyed that your expectations have not been met. If that is the case, as it appears to be, then you need to be more realistic in your expectations. Bottom line, Stu owes you nothing and if you don't like the way in which he is running the 'worlds' you are free to attempt to run your own, as CORC has obviously decided to do.

Secondly, your observation that the second main point in this whole debate is rooted in a generalisation about Americans being arrogant is both unbecoming and slanderous. You whole post in fact highlights the point that arrogant and rude people exist on both sides of the equator. Furthermore, what gives you the right to presume to speak on behalf of the rest of the world?

As for your comment about the nature of Stu's world championship event, to the best of my knowledge it has always been marketed as the "24hrs of Adrenaline - World 24hr championships". The only point you have made that is remotely close to being legitimate, albeit very poorly and hidden amongst the other emotive rubbish, is the fact is that without some form of sanctioning body there will never be a true World 24hr event. Until now the Adrenaline champs have been far and away the best attempt at getting one established. Again, that you feel deceived or cheated is your own expectation management problem and you have no right to make such spiteful comments here or in any other public forum. Aussies has been very active at the "Worlds" and many riders over the recent years have been celebrated as, and in no small part profited from, being considered "world champions" either as outright or age group winners. We, the Australian MTB community, therefore have had no issues with the Adrenaline champs being considered the "Worlds" in the past which renders your comment void. It has been the Worlds because we have been prepared to accept it as such. Feel free to ask Jess and Jason however - " Would you please stop introducing yourselves as the World Champion because I now have my knickers in a twist?" You would likely get the answer you so richly deserve.

What an uninformed, immature and otherwise unhelpful piece of dribble.
At the very least you should learn to pull your head in and try and gain some perspective. At best you should give Stu a rather large, and public, apology.

Last edited: