Garmin 24 2011,redesdale,vico,hi noon

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
It hasn't rained here since yesterday arvo. Track is drying nicely. A lot of riders pulled out overnight or went to bed. Not a lot of riders on course overnight as it was pretty sloppy up until about 1:00am. Now bikes are coming back clean.
Getting results is not easy atm. Felt team out, Sam chancellor out, bellchambers still going.
Coffee is good!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Chris Hanson first, Jason Quigley second, Shane Roberts third solo males. Chris is a long way in front, but only about 5 minutes separates 2nd and 3rd.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully the Niner BB isn't squeaking like a cheap hotel bed? Keep the legs cranking & BBQ shapes going - not long to go now :)
I spoke to Brett as I passed him. BB was quiet at the time, but he did have to remove a link from the chain.

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
And in addition to the top three solos - awesome effort - looks like my boy Lance came in 5th, with his buddy Byron in 4th. Solid rides both.

Probably totally down to me being on the spanners for them both obviously, but you know.....

akashra

Eats Squid
Hopefully in mayyyybe 2hrs - I'm not home yet and couldnt get a connection reliable enough to upload the file size on site.

adaib

Likes Dirt
Mud was pretty shit, but I'm sort of thankful of the cloud cover keeping it nice and toasty overnight.

And did anyone else notice that the Roos there like to jump at riders more than usual?

Marx

Likes Dirt
Oh man, if you asked me to give up MTBing at 10:30pm Sat night as I rolled through transition I would have taken you up on it. That mud wreaked my head.
I went to bed & so did my team.
I was first up at 5am & walked bleary eyes straight to transition & saw happy MTBers returning from a lap with barely any mud on their bikes.
I couldn't beleive it was the same event from the night before.

akashra

Eats Squid
Results are now available at http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/20111127232/News/2011-garmin-24-hour-results

As many are aware, we had some rather major issues caused at registration with allocation of race numbers and transponders being given to incorrect persons. The result of this is some riders are affected by their times being assigned to another rider. While we have caught as many of these as possible and corrected the issues where we know about them, it is entirely possible some riders will still have lap times that don't look quite right as a result of this. This mostly affects the first 6 hours of racing.
I want to be absolutely clear that no data was lost as a result of this - we can still recover your correct lap times, we just need to identify who, what and where to look for them.
To the best of our knowledge, however, all lap counts are accurate.

If you see what you think looks like something not quite right, please email me. I'll be updating the results with fixes as I'm made aware of the errors.

Big thank you to who
ever found my garmin in the mud and handed it in.

Quiggs
That may have been Jade - I know she found one and handed it in.

Strawman

Cannon Fodder
Oh man, if you asked me to give up MTBing at 10:30pm Sat night as I rolled through transition I would have taken you up on it. That mud wreaked my head.
I went to bed & so did my team.
I was first up at 5am & walked bleary eyes straight to transition & saw happy MTBers returning from a lap with barely any mud on their bikes.
I couldn't beleive it was the same event from the night before.
Yep - i hear you. i was ready to go home - thankfully had a sleep then back at it. Feeling damn sore today!!

Carma1

Squid
To the FGP crew,
a huge thanx for running the event under conditions:clap2:, that were, horendous, to say the least. To all my team mates, BLOODY AWESOME efforts all round. Yes it was tuff, yes it was fun, yes I'm sore, yes I'm glad that I did it, albeit 1 lap, but thats another story in itself.
The only complaint I have is that the "MC" for the event came out with, what I alone think, were some pretty inappropriate jibes during his commentary. Considering that there a lot of young children there we could, perhaps, tone it down a little in the future. All cudos to him though, for sticking it out, he deserves a big pat on the back for his effort..........

Bring on the next one !

Mark

akashra

Eats Squid
To the FGP crew,
a huge thanx for running the event under conditions:clap2:, that were, horendous, to say the least.
If it makes you feel any better, even the roof we had over timing did very little to keep the water where it belongs (in the sky.)

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big thank you to who
ever found my garmin in the mud and handed it in.

Quiggs
well done on a cracker ride, extraordinary effort when you think about the degree of difficulty of that course, didn't see you out on the course, so you must have been smoking each lap, what kept you going through the wet and muddy am hours? Did you have any mechanicals? top effort - reckon first place guy was starting to look over his shoulder as track was getting faster.!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
well done on a cracker ride, extraordinary effort when you think about the degree of difficulty of that course, didn't see you out on the course, so you must have been smoking each lap, what kept you going through the wet and muddy am hours? Did you have any mechanicals? top effort - reckon first place guy was starting to look over his shoulder as track was getting faster.!
Wouldn't say I was smashing laps it was more about riding within myself being patient with the ever changing track conditions, knowing it was the same for everyone. The best thing I did was completely change kit at 10.30 on Saturday night once I got word the weather had looked like it had passed, it was like starting all over again just 10hrs into the race.

Mechanicals, no big issues bike swap every lap during up until around 8pm, the boys (Nathan, Luke & Xavier) gave them a quick clean and checked brake pads, lubed chain etc. Only issue wass an ill matching new chain with an old rear cassette, thanks to sponsor iRide Bikes being their in full presence to track down a cassette and all was good after that.

As everyone would attest to, the best conditions were around 4.30am until 8am when the track was like riding on bluetack and super sticky. Thankfully I've done a few 24hrs at Stromlo and that place becomes a rocky minefield, around 18hrs into a race, similar to the track towards the end over the weekend.

thanks for the acknowledgment

Quiggs