Geometry for the new guys

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
(NOT SO NINJA EDIT; this post is to explore to realm of gravity enduro riding, not that of a carbon copy post in downhill.)

Over the years, particularly more recently, we have seen a race between brands to find a design of bike thats truly going to push the limits of speed, stability and capability. Big and small tweaks all over obviously make a big difference for the elite and for those of us who have spent many years on a bike or been between brands and styles.

But, for some of us who have unfortunately been in and out of the sport, cant afford something new or just really havent paid much attention might find themselves struggling to wrap their head around what could be the preferred geo of their next bike.

Lets be real, I'm trying to find a new bike and with a not a lot of time I'm not sure where to start to source some good info about bikes past and present that could be the thing for me. Where did you guys look for tips on what works?

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Roy, you've created two posts exactly the same in two different areas. As the other post is in the downhill area I assume you want to talk downhill bikes?

YouTube is a good source for reviews and comparisons on different bikes. Bible of bike do lots of vids which might give you starting points.

Without giving anyone here tips on your riding style and preferred trails it's hard to direct you anywhere specific.

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
Roy, you've created two posts exactly the same in two different areas. As the other post is in the downhill area I assume you want to talk downhill bikes?

YouTube is a good source for reviews and comparisons on different bikes. Bible of bike do lots of vids which might give you starting points.

Without giving anyone here tips on your riding style and preferred trails it's hard to direct you anywhere specific.

Thanks Stirk,

Yeah, I absolutely have have been a little more specific in this post. The other was downhill oriented but this post was intended more towards enduro with the hopes of some climbing as well. More for that of gravity enduro racing.

Work on weekends and having bikes on the brain leads to copy and paste issues with no proof reading!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Lol well I replied to the other post. Endurobro bikes, you can actually make the test days. I know giant and specialized have them. Hit em up, see what things you like about them, analyze the geo and make an informed decision?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
When you come down to Maydena next you can ride my Pole... ;) If you'd like to try something different.

For testing purposes of course. :cool:

I feel like regular bikes look like they're made for kids now.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
When you come down to Maydena next you can ride my Pole... ;) If you'd like to try something different.

For testing purposes of course. :cool:

I feel like regular bikes look like they're made for kids now.
Use protection though....Ezkaton's Pole has been all over town. Everyone's had a ride.