Giant 06 STP Zero

kevpun

Likes Bikes
How cool is it?!?!?

The little bloke was taking it for a spin at BA today - a real laugh seeing him riding something way too big for him, but a magic bike for him to grow into.

I couldn't believe the components, brilliant value.

Who's seen it? What do you think?

sam......

Banned
yeh, its an awesome bike for its price and components. i mean PIKES. dddrrruuuueeelllll. and juicy 5's. hmmm.. very nice. i want one. needs a good chainguide maybe

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got one, cut the bars down, e-13 sts guide, lock ons. Best bike under 2000 for 2006. Go get one.

DeWsE

Squid
THRILLHOUSE said:
Yeah agreed these bikes are awesome value and they look HOT.. I don't think you could complain about this deal
Yeah you can, the gears change like crap when your pedaling it. I find myself sitting down to change and then it still takes 3-5 strokes to decide about the change..... Well maybe I'm just not used to it.

I originally rode a BMX, then went to a rincon coz I was getting old, then realised I'm not farking 50 so i have gone with the STPzero. I didn't really know what to expect coz I don't know anyone who rides anything like it. It's taking a bit to get used to considering the crap I came off. It definately outperforms me every time....... and I have fallen hard twice in the first week.

I'm so much of a noobie that I didn't even realise that the PIKES could be adjusted in for street.

God I love being able to manual stuff again!

Hmmmmm I'm going for a ride!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a little off the topic, but i saw the faith 1 today. it looks soo nice, and the 66rc2X's are awesome too... they are so very FAT and look very nice too...

topher

Likes Dirt
The zeros are pretty easy to set up, the only thing id say is stock juicy pads = shit! Anyone else feel the same? Cut the bars down for sure, then put a chain device on it and you will have a great bike. Giant really packed value for money into it didnt they.

skivi

Likes Dirt
i've got an 05 stp Zero and i love it, soon to cut down the bars and get a truvative box guide then she'll be puuuurfect!

would you rather the 06 model or 05???

personally id prefer the 06 spec but with my limited edition spew green frame :D
why?= because the avids are better (so i've heard) and the pikes are lighter and more ajustable so i could dh and XC on it better (i'd still ride mainly DJ and street thogh)

:cool:
STP Zero pride

DeWsE

Squid
Yeah I figured tha the gears where set up wrong. I might have to figure out how to do it myself (remember I came from a BMX). Or I will take it back and give the guys another chance to get it right.

I adjusted the pikes down last night... Made a huge difference to the feel of the bike. It went from awesome to well wicked. I felt heaps more confident endoing, and found I could hop alot higher.

I'm pretty stoked thati biought it now. I did plenty of looking around unlike usual. Farken was a great help.

Cheers guys

AirForceOnes

Likes Dirt
i know someone with one, the pikes are so incredibly easy to adjust im so jealous... for 1700, 1100 dollar forks juicy 5's (5-6 hundred?) and the mad frame.. what more could you ask for?! sure you see millions of them around, spray the frame your own colour :) hehe

Az

Likes Dirt
AirForceOnes said:
sure you see millions of them around, spray the frame your own colour :) hehe
Dont count on it, Giant Aus is out of stock of the 14.5 untill christmas!!!

bhipsley

Likes Dirt
Yea giant have done a great job with this bike, Most of their 06 range looks pretty sweet except of course for the AC which has been crap for two years now, oh well its time for the faith...

Rik

logged out
DeWsE said:
I will take it back and give the guys another chance to get it right
Shops should offer free servicing with new bikes, so see if they do and try and get them done as per scheduled.

DeWsE

Squid
Rik said:
Shops should offer free servicing with new bikes, so see if they do and try and get them done as per scheduled.
Yeah your right the owner has been good with this bike. Said I could bring it anytime if I'm not happy with anything. Most probably because it was a bit more higher price range then what he usually sells.

MATTY TYLER

Likes Dirt
Whats the deal with people cutting down the bars on these bikes??
I hav a 05 Zero and i hated the Eastons so i put the wider Holzfeller bars on and would never go back!!

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MATTY TYLER said:
Whats the deal with people cutting down the bars on these bikes??
I hav a 05 Zero and i hated the Eastons so i put the wider Holzfeller bars on and would never go back!!
depends what riding you are doing, i cut my bars dow coz i only ride street and DJ's on my stp. For downhilling nice and wide is ok, but skinny bars make the bike feel more agile, perform better, makes it easier to do x-ups quickly etc..

From memory the 05 zero came with low rise eastons too, that might have contributed to the problem slightly.