Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Think you'd get a preference then.
You would hope so!

What are the names of the lbs' that have actually got them in? If i can go back to my lbs with some examples, hopefully i can get them to pressure Giant more. NFI what's happening.. so frustrating too =/

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Dont fret guys ,all will be well very soon.:)
Do you know something we don't? haha

Realise that I'm probably being impatient, but I want to make sure that I actually am in that first batch, and won't be waiting several more months. I had thought the distribution to stores would have been fairly similar.

Guess i'll have to keep on waiting... waiting...

krisko

Likes Dirt
OK Guys don't be jealous but I have a ultra shiny something in my garage!
Picked it up this morning.

Size is large and its 11.64kg's without pedals. I have a set of new A/classic wheels at 1570grams and 515gram Maxxis Aspens to throw on it.

I will throw on a KCNC seatpost 142grams,
3T Stem 104 grams
Controltech flatbar 136 grams.

Im expecting a sub 11 kg race machine!!!

The most incredible thing about the bike is the way it handles, absolutely insane. The custom offset RLC with geometry hits the nail on the head for 29er handling!!!
Well done Giant!!!

Those currently riding the XTC 29er will not know what him them, the difference in handling is phenomenal....If you don't look down you will think your riding a 26" bike.

Will post pics tonight.Im going riding.

Jubas

Likes Dirt

Size is large and its 11.64kg's without pedals. I have a set of new A/classic wheels at 1570grams and 515gram Maxxis Aspens to throw on it.

3T Stem 104 grams

The most incredible thing about the bike is the way it handles, absolutely insane. The custom offset RLC with geometry hits the nail on the head for 29er handling!!!
Well done Giant!!!

Those currently riding the XTC 29er will not know what him them, the difference in handling is phenomenal....If you don't look down you will think your riding a 26" bike.

I hate you.

;)

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt

3T Stem 104 grams

Well done Giant!!!

May have to shop at your LBS from now on! They obviously have some pull!!!

tegski

Likes Dirt
Did happen here…very happy.
Feels great and will be testing at Mt Stromlo tomorrow morning. Took it for a road/dirt ride and it was very smooth.

Attachments

krisko

Likes Dirt
Have people over but will throw my bits on take pics and post.....
A few of us worked out that its going to be 10.6 - 10.8kg's. in large.

Thinking of doing the Angry Doc now. Im not going to bother with STromlo again its damn muddy!!!

tegski

Likes Dirt
Think 36kb is as small as I can go on iPhoto - sorry if too big.
Bike just over 12 kg as std plus XT pedals. I will be looking at changing the saddle and bars - std saddle bit too hard for 24hrs and need a carbon bar for the wrists. Will go to tubeless too - very impressed so far.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Are the brake levers carbon or alloy?

Thinking of straitlines in the future possibly, although am yet to try the elixier cr's.

Sigh, I should stop making plans until i actually get the bike!

krisko

Likes Dirt

Initial thoughts are the rear suspension feels lively and springy. Geometry is perfect and puts you in attack mode. The front fork is amazing, smooth and very light. All in all, Im impressed!

I weighed with 3T stem and Scandium bar, foamies at 10.8kg's But love the wide standard bar and blingy stem so put them back on. To hell with the weight difference!
So its 11kg flat.

krisko

Likes Dirt
Who cares if I sound like a roadie, at least Im not killing the trails.....
10" deep mud doesn't do much for me. Im sure the trail fairies aren't impressed with all the current trail damage!

I'll stick to riding fire roads until the trails dry out.

tegski

Likes Dirt
Ride this morning was a little damp still at Stromlo…but there seemed to be a lot of people out. Trail fairies will have to make well drained trails as Stromlo is very popular. I have been turning up at 8-9am and the car park is half full!
There has been work done at Blue Gums - drains and covering of mud with road base…it needed it.
But back to the important stuff - 29er handled well - rolls faster and seems easier on the climbs (may be the new bike syndrome though!) It feels higher then the 26 Anthem (duh) but not too much different. May look at diff wheels for racing. Definitely felt the difference in the alloy bars compared to carbon on the old bike - arms more tired at the end. Also the std grips are lock on but only on one side - they tended to twist. Will be changing back to the Ergons with bar ends. Small issues. Still need to tweak the suspension - having a ball :)