Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

tegski

Likes Dirt
Nah, no races planned - more of a weekend warrior/aspiring racer to be honest :)
With all of your comments and waiting…

Get your backside into a race NOW!!!
;)
(they are fun - and they make you go faster...)

Last edited:

Jubas

Likes Dirt
What Size is your anthem 29 ?
I have ordered a Medium myself, wonder if we are waiting for the same size ?
Hi mate - I'm currently waiting on a Large size..

With all of your comments and waiting…

Get your backside into a race NOW!!!
;)
(they are fun - and they make you go faster...)
haha yeah yeah, i should get off my butt and register. Will have a look at suitable options in Sydney/NSW and grab some recommendations off people.

BUT HOW CAN I COMPETE WITHOUT MY NEW BIKE!?

;)

Cool, my Twenty-shiner is being built up as we speak....

This thread has been like a support group, see y'all at the worlds.

tegski

Likes Dirt
Race on the old bike and then you will be able to see how much faster the new bike goes!!!
And you will hate me now…bike back with me - about to try another lap of Stromlo to get the suspension settings dialled.DSC_0912.jpg
This is a photo of the supposed problem area - cannot see any change at all.
I think Giant was being overly cautious - not that I am too worried with that :)

DSC_0911.jpg Woo;)hoo

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
Just went into Onya bike in Canberra (civic) at lunch to pick something up -

they had 3 or 4 anthems just sitting there waiting for people to pick em up.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
haha, not just yet.. :)

The bikes still look ridiculously good in my mind. Let us know how the test ride goes Tegski!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okily dokily - who want to post their suspension setups so I can get a grip on how to run it (when I get it).

Frame size, rider weight and pressures please...

wingy

Likes Dirt
I got mine today. Looks the bomb and weighed in at 11.9kg for a medium with shimano XT pedals. Lots of fun tonight setting it up and messing around!

tegski

Likes Dirt
Slightly worried now…except for the fact that that gun would probably be as dangerous for the person firing it as the person (not me:eek:) in front (vintage model).
Swapped out stem/bars as I wanted carbon and did not have 30mm bars, so over to the old 25mm carbon riser bars. Saddle change as the f'zik does not suit (painful experience after the Easter 24hr with an Aliante).
Medium Anthem
Rider weight 73kg Rear shock was a bit hard at 150psi - try 130 tomorrow.
Front shock also a bit solid at 70psi - try less tomorrow
Interesting as these settings are plush on the AnthemX2 and my older Anthem 1 - maybe stiction?
Shock settings have endless variations to play with...

Last edited:

krisko

Likes Dirt
For those that can not wait Onya Bike in Belconnen have 1 Large, 5 mediums and 2 small sizes for sale.

Other non Concept stores will be waiting another 6 weeks for stock to arrive.
Oh and tell Micko that Chris let you know through Rotorburn!

The weld at the seat stay is now a double pass fluid weld, for added strength and looks very neat.

krisko

Likes Dirt
11.3kg in large with:
- 3T stem 110mm
- Giant SLR riser bar 670mm
- KCNC seatpost
- WTB Ti saddle
- American Classic wheels
- Aspen 60tpi rear tyre and Crossmark 60tpi front

fatnslow

Likes Bikes
Damn it to hellnation.

As soon as I have a bit of a crash and part forced/part wisely decide to retire from mountain bikes and now Giant finally get the 29 duallie into shops.

Nope not gunna do it. Not gunna head into Belco to just have a look.

The surgeon reckons road bikes will be OK but I can't do it, when are Giant releasing a Cyclocross bike? (booked in for surgery 15/10)

Getting fatter getting slower

StanzaRallyMan

Likes Bikes
I've never riden a 29er before but being 189cm tall I think they are the way to go, plus I'm mainly interested in 100km enduro rides.

the Anthem x 29er looks the goods to me, but I'm not sure what size I should be on, a Large or and Extra Large.

The local dealer wont just order in both and let me try out each size which I'm fine with, but I'm not keen on spending $3,500 on a bit that is not the right size.

So, Knowledgeable rotorburners, which size should I be getting?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I've never riden a 29er before but being 189cm tall I think they are the way to go, plus I'm mainly interested in 100km enduro rides.

the Anthem x 29er looks the goods to me, but I'm not sure what size I should be on, a Large or and Extra Large.
Large, I'd say.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go by top tube length. The large (19.5) has a 620 top tube, compared to the 610 top tube on my XTC, which is a 21 inch frame.

You're probably on the cusp - have you got long legs / short torso or short legs / long torso -> that will probably swing the deal either way.