Giant Glory 2011 weights?

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before but I'm really curious on what the weight of the 2011 Giant Glory's are.
One of my friends is getting an '11 Glory 01 soon and he said something about them being 1.5 kg lighter than last years model and weighing in at about 15.9 kg but I find that a bit unbelievable. Is this true?

I'll be quite stunned if it is seems my hardtail is 16 kg...

B.utters

Likes Dirt
He'd have to be telling porkies. The 2010 Glory weighs somewhere around 17-18kg, so unless all the 2011 components have become a crap load lighter I doubt it would have shed 1.5kg.

jurss020

Likes Dirt
i had a 2010 o1 glory with w/cups and strailine pedals it was 18.5kg on my topeak prepstand... oh and mavic rims which were lighter then my std ones

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
My 2010 01 Glory weighs in at 17.5kg. Could lose some weight on the wheels and cranks though. Somehow I don't think they would weigh in under 16kg.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong:confused:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 2010 00 is sitting at 17.2kgs. She isn't stock anymore, made a few changes but I wouldn't have dropped that much weigh of the stock weight.

It sounds like you mate is so in love with the prettieness of the new glory the bike shop seller could tell him anything.

Ozza

Eats Squid
15.9kgs.... tell the shop owner although the country may be ran by a red head clown, it doesnt mean you will believe bullshit!

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
15.9kgs.... tell the shop owner although the country may be ran by a red head clown, it doesnt mean you will believe bullshit!
Yeah I don't think it was the shop owner that told him but I'm not sure where he got the info from.

Anyone know the correct weight? seems Giant's website doesn't know what a set of scales are...

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
yeah i had a look at the giant website the other day, and read there excuse about "we dont put weights in as they may varry so the best way is to weigh it yourself"... Fair enough But It would be nice to have a ball park fiqure.
From looking at the bikes the frames appear to be identical just with new paint? correct me if im wrong so i highly doubt they would drop that much weight. And if they did manage to drop it through components the price would be significantly more.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The 2010 00 was 17.8 Kg with No pedals and single ply tyres. This years models come with Minons so the bike MUST be heavier.

Mr King

Likes Dirt
My 2010 Glory 00 is sitting at 17.07kgs.

Running 2010 Deemax Ultimates tubeless, Maxxis Minion 3C's, 350 Ti Spring on the Fox RC4, Purple soft Ti spring in the Fox 40's, XO shifter and derailleur 2011 Avid XO brakes, Ti Fly SDG seat, Thomson Elite seatpost and seatpost clamp, Sunline V1 bars, Sunline V1peds, DaBomb Crown direct mount headsteam.

If I run lighter bars and peds I could get it into the 16's, but this would seriously compromise safety IMO...

so, 15.9kg is a fairytale.

Bilza_ridez

Banned
on a pinkbike video it says the bike is 1500 grams (1.5Kgs) lighter than the 2010 glory
the weight of the 2010 glory as said by yarra valley cycles is 17.2 kgs

Video:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/giant-glory-crankworx-2011.html

Yarra valley cycles:

http://www.yarravalleycycles.com/yvc-shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=43&category_id=10

this says the bike would come it at about 15.8 - 16 kgs

thats just an estimations of the weight if it is 1.5 kgs lighter
so i dont know the actual weight

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
on a pinkbike video it says the bike is 1500 grams (1.5Kgs) lighter than the 2010 glory
the weight of the 2010 glory as said by yarra valley cycles is 17.2 kgs

Video:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/giant-glory-crankworx-2011.html

Yarra valley cycles:

http://www.yarravalleycycles.com/yvc-shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=43&category_id=10

this says the bike would come it at about 15.8 - 16 kgs

thats just an estimations of the weight if it is 1.5 kgs lighter
so i dont know the actual weight
Listen to it again, it states the frame has dropped 1500grams from the "Previous" model. The Frame is unchanged.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would believe 1.5 off the 06-09 glory frame.
i dont think there are any differences between the '10-'11 frames.

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Okay so we have established that it's not under 16kg.
Anyone have a 2011 glory and know the weight or anything?

mattyboy

Likes Dirt
Just weighed my 01, completely stock. Using the old digital bathroom scales, no idea how accurate they are, 17.8kg.

Last edited:

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just weighed mine, completely stock. Using the old digital bathroom scales, no idea how accurate they are, 17.8kg.
just weighed my 2011 01 and it came up at 17.8 kilos as well so he is far from fact..... mind you thats with pedals

dunndog

Eats Squid
just weighed my 2011 01 and it came up at 17.8 kilos as well so he is far from fact..... mind you thats with pedals
That's a good thing, although pedals are not in the box most people i know use pedals when they ride.. and you'd rather know the weight of the bike you're riding than the bike bits that came in the box