AM Giant Reign Advanced 1 with upgrades - New pics

romy

Likes Dirt
Some new picks with the Sram XO group set. I even trimmed the cables.
Love this bike on the trail, hit a bunch of features at Kentlyn I've always been a little hesitant on, ate them up nom nom nom

Loved the lines of this frame when it came out and the recent price drop squeezed my trigger finger
Picked it up from Blackmans Parramatta

Aim was to replace the need for 2 bikes by having 1 thats great on the decents and good on climbs, IE roll up my DH/FR rig (Scott Voltage) and trail bike (Scott Genius 710)

I dont expect it to handle the same gnar as my Voltage with Rockshox WC boxxers up front or climb as well as the sub 12kg Genius but combine the two to a level that one bike is enough. I dont ride "Crazy DH" but i like a rock garden at speed, drops and jumps. I also put up with climbing (Wylde, Mt Annan, H20, Kentlyn rock trail, Hornsby etc) but dont go on monsterous uphill missions

Few upgrades and its a Advanced 0 weight @ 12.47kgs

Reign Advanced 1 Custom

XO 170mm carbon cranks with 32t direct mount NW ring
XO Type 2 rear mech
XO Trail Brakes
SRAM PC1091R Hollow pin chain
Xpedo Spry pedals
Thomson 4x stem
Thomson 750 carbon Trail bar
Syncros TR2.0 Wheelset with Hans Dampf (Tubeless) with Formula rotors
Rockshox Pike (Standard)
Rockshox Monarch plus debonair (standard)

(Pics are pre complete parts swap except for the scale shot and as you can see, its happy!!)

Last edited:

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
I was going to make a smart arse comment as well, then I read what he wrote and looked at the bike on the scales ;-)

I can see no comment in the post regarding the hoses and tbh they don't look any better in the shot on the scales... ;-)

si618

Likes Dirt
I can see no comment in the post regarding the hoses and tbh they don't look any better in the shot on the scales... ;-)
I was referring to "Pics are pre complete parts swap except for the scale shot"

Regardless, you do have a point, the dropper hose still needs a trim, but I'm probably just jealous because it looks so much better than my reign...sweet build romy!

romy

Likes Dirt
I was referring to "Pics are pre complete parts swap except for the scale shot"

Regardless, you do have a point, the dropper hose still needs a trim, but I'm probably just jealous because it looks so much better than my reign...sweet build romy!
Nope Hoses are still a spaghetti mess!!

Give them a chop this weekend, should loose another 500 grams.....

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
romy,is that a couple of peices of abstract art I see in the background......
it's good to see you have a outlet for your softer side....:behindsofa:
nice job with your new ride,have you been out to picnic point recently ?

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
does-it-really-matter-having-a-12.5kg-bike-when-it-has-a-65-head-angle-and
160-ish-travel??

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
still-a-giant-tho-aye:whistle:...but-these-rigs-are-supposed-to-be-sweet-and-deserve-to-be-pointed-downwards

romy

Likes Dirt
romy,is that a couple of peices of abstract art I see in the background......
it's good to see you have a outlet for your softer side....:behindsofa:
nice job with your new ride,have you been out to picnic point recently ?
HAHAHA, caught me out!

Not lately, work is in overdrive, I did a bit of work to that trail last summer. Ill get back out there shortly.

www.akamars.com

romy

Likes Dirt
Yes..... Coz they be designed to ride "all mountain" bro..... Upsky and downsky....
Correct, at 12.5kgs, drop that front fork to 130mm and 66 degrees. Click over monarch to pedal mode and BOOM!! Upsky = Easy :dance:

romy

Likes Dirt
still-a-giant-tho-aye:whistle:...but-these-rigs-are-supposed-to-be-sweet-and-deserve-to-be-pointed-downwards
Too cool for Giant? even if I pronounce it GEEEAUNT with a french accent? Ive owned boutique brands and I have to say this is one of the best built frames Ive owned. And as stated at 12.5kgs, drop that front fork to 130mm and 66 degrees. Click over monarch to pedal mode and BOOM!! Upsky = Easy

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
uummmm.... eerrrrrrr...... yes right you are, back on track
have you de-stickered the frame ?
just thought it would have more Giant decals ,oooops I mean Geeeaunt decals on it

romy

Likes Dirt
uummmm.... eerrrrrrr...... yes right you are, back on track
have you de-stickered the frame ?
just thought it would have more Giant decals ,oooops I mean Geeeaunt decals on it
I know right? Its as it was out of the box! Who would of thought Giant going subtle with branding
I like Giant have toned it down for a slicker look. The Advanced 0 is matte black with blue gradient highlights.
No ridiculous colour scheme in the advanced (I like the Hulk look) or huge giant logos!! (There is a large GEUANT on the bottom of the bottom tube.)
The Alu Reign has the same subtle look as far as branding but there is what FLOW described as a "MANGO EXPLOSION" colourway available :heh: