Giant US 2015 Trail & XC

ChopSticks

Banned
oooooo new Stance model ?!?!?!?

and still no Reign :(

otherwise looks like bright flashy paints over existing frames?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The local 2015 launch is next week.

There have been official promos for a new Reign doing the rounds for a few weeks now, so just sit tight for details on that.

ChopSticks

Banned
new Reign doing the rounds for a few weeks now, so just sit tight for details on that.
but as an anonymous RB user, surely you can leak us some juicy details :p travel back to 6"? all carbon? (unlike previous years where all but reign missed out)

I wonder if the Glory gets the carbon treatment too?

marc.r

Likes Dirt
That new trance sx would mean I would have a tough time buying a reign...

160mm pikes, 140mm monarch plus debonair full x01.

Wonder if this one will ever see the discounting the 2013 did. Might very well be my next bike!

The anthem sx looks very tasty indeed. Always thought that would be an effecient and fun trail platform with a slightly bigger fork and slacker head angle.

creole

Likes Bikes
What with the Stance...?

Trance 650b has similar geo as the Reign 26er. infact Giant should have released the trance 650b as the Reign 650b lol

Last edited:

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
What with the Stance...?
I can only imagine the brainstorming session went something like this.

"So what are we going to call the new Shitty Trance?"

Shitty..... ......Trance
Shitty.... ....Trance
Shitty... ...Trance
Shitty.. ..Trance
Shitty Trance
Shittytrance

BOOM!

STANCE

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
I know its in American $$$, but some of those top spec bike prices are pretty high IMO.

Take the XTC advance for example, $1625 for the frame, that's pretty reasonable actually for a HT carbon frame.
Yet the top spec of that bike is $7225.
Id take the frame and use the extra $5500 and build myself

Last edited:

marc.r

Likes Dirt
What with the Stance...?

Trance 650b has similar geo as the Reign 26er. infact Giant should have released the trance 650b as the Reign 650b lol
entry level trail dually by the looks of it. no ripoff dw link aka maestro but it looks cheap. that being said entry level trances get super cheap anyway...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
but as an anonymous RB user, surely you can leak us some juicy details :p travel back to 6"? all carbon? (unlike previous years where all but reign missed out)
Haven't actually got a great deal of juicy details to leak, although I did grill the local Giant rep on his routine visit last week. It's a 27.5 (none of that bullshit barely accurate French 26" roadie 650B shit here thanks!), and expect about 6.5" travel. That's all I've got.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I am a bit disappointed by the trance 27.5 1. I would expect a bit more bang for my buck at that price.
I can't see it selling well considering the SX has allot more for $200 extra.

The STP looks pretty nice.

I like how they have a budget bike in the Stance.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
remember these are US prices and with Giant we generally have even better pricing then the states

wavike

Likes Dirt
I am a bit disappointed by the trance 27.5 1. I would expect a bit more bang for my buck at that price.
I can't see it selling well considering the SX has allot more for $200 extra.

The STP looks pretty nice.

I like how they have a budget bike in the Stance.
I think Giant pricing in the US is a lot higher than Oz, may be a pleasant surprise when our prices come out (+ the usual 10-20% off rrp)

ClintC

Likes Dirt
I think Giant pricing in the US is a lot higher than Oz, may be a pleasant surprise when our prices come out (+ the usual 10-20% off rrp)
This is usually the case. Oh how I wish the Anthem Advanced SX 27.5 had nicer colours...