Giant warranty claim options

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Is this based on your experience from riding a Anthem 29er or just that its a 29er designed 4 years ago. I am concerned about the age of the design, it could it be outdated and doesn't include boost geometry which helps increase the stiffness of 29er wheels.
The numbers say the Giant is old-school.

My 2012 SC Tallboy has a slacker head angle & shorter chainstays. Indeed, it came out in '09!

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
This. Giant replaced whole bike due to cracked frame when they went to disc brakes that year. Also upgraded spec by 2 levels due to stock availability.
That would be good, however knowing my luck they will find a 26" frame buried up the back of the warehouse just for me.....

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
What you talkin' about?

Or that those they sucked into swapping back to 27.5, can now be sucked back into another new 29"
But 29 is the "new" 27.5........ (which was the "new" 29.........)

Which was the "new" 26........

pliskin

Likes Dirt
That would be good, however knowing my luck they will find a 26" frame buried up the back of the warehouse just for me.....
quote direct from the giant webpage
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/recall-information

If I make a warranty claim - will I receive the same frame?
Giant will endeavour to replace like for like but cannot always guarantee we will be able to replace with the exact frame in its original colour way. Giant will of course replace with the best available option to the same specification or better but this does mean from time to time that colour ways may differ from the original.

even in your 1st post of this thread, you said u have already been told you'd have to change wheel sizes due to no large frames in stock in 26inch.

looks like new bike for you, not just a frame

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Headline news!

World's largest bike manufacturer admits to 29er fallacy.
They have numerous models in 29 for '17, apparently the only fallacy was cutting the 29ers based on their thinking there wasn't sufficient demand for wagon wheels. There is. Moorey is secretly hoarding them at the same rate he stashes Orange single pivots.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They have numerous models in 29 for '17, apparently the only fallacy was cutting the 29ers based on their thinking there wasn't sufficient demand for wagon wheels. There is. Moorey is secretly hoarding them at the same rate he stashes Orange single pivots.
They should of updated their geometry rather than just rebirthing the same rubbish they were already dishing up....

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cracked a 2011 26inch trance mid last year and Giant had a fair few 2013 (last year of 26ers) stock for warranties.
I also cracked a triple chain ring ocr road bike and they just gave a massively upgraded defy rather than a new frame. Giant warranty is rock solid, really good company to deal with imo.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is the 29" too race focused to be fun and is it a pig to ride around a tight twisty track like OMV?
It sure is...extremely outdated geometry.
Is this based on your experience from riding a Anthem 29er or just that its a 29er designed 4 years ago. I am concerned about the age of the design, it could it be outdated and doesn't include boost geometry which helps increase the stiffness of 29er wheels.
Yes, it's a pig. It wants to be responsive with its steep head angle, but the Maestro suspension design doesn't allow tight rear geometry, so it's dragging a long tail, which leaves you feeling like you're trying to drive a bus around a go-kart track. And it's more like a 7-year-old design....

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It's funny. Our track is tight and cornery but the Anthem gets round it just fine even with long stays. Ourimbah is quite open by comparison...and the Anthem did ok around that too. That said most of ourimbah xc is better suited to hardtail. Ultimately, you ride what you are used to and if you don't enjoy riding it then it isn't right for you...length of rear stays be damned.

Giant warrantied my 2010 Anthem 29er with a carbon 29er 2015 frame. In your case, try for a 27.5 Anthem X...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
On trails where my 26" Anthem is a razor-sharp agile weapon, I found the 29" version a cumbersome slug, and a particular let-down in most of the departments that proponents of 29ers claim their superiority. Rough stuff was the only thing it handled better.

There are things the 27.5 still doesn't do as well as the 26, but it's better in other areas, and a much more well-rounded package than the 29.

Last edited: