Giants are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

anferne85

Banned
every time i walk into a LBS they try and flog me a Giant, "you cant get these components for this type of money anywhere else" they tell me!

I'm getting kind of sick of it, i see Giants as mass produced slapped together POS. :) A few high spec parts bolted onto a frame does'nt make a good bike!

whats happening here is that Giant is pushing LBS into selling because they provide a better profit margin than other bikes, (because of the volume they produce) to me its the most K-mart of all of the brands available.

I'd be embarasded to ride one, i may aswell have a sticker on the bike saying "Sucker & Newbie"

that's my opinion anyway..

jp4294

Likes Dirt
Not sure if you're being serious here but anyway...
Giants are amazing value for money! That is why they are trying to sell you one.
Sure, they may not be the flahiest but there's no denying that they're performance and spec is great for what you're paying.
:biggrin:

willsy01

Eats Squid
Using your logic, that makes half the bikes in the world crap........Giant make frames for many other brands.

I guess you're feel a little dumb now. Go play on the freeway to cheer yourself up :)

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Oooh! Finally someone to put on my ignore list!

Even highly obnoxious folks and people I disagree with on many things don't rate an ignore, but for this lovely gem of uninformed enlightenment I think I'm safe in assuming that you have nothing to offer my Rotorburn life.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Well, the simple fact is you're wrong and need kicking in the head. I've owned plenty of Giant bikes in my time and I've also owned plenty of other brands and find them to be great value for money, great on the final finish and supportive when needed (which is rarely). Their marketing department do the right things to push bikes into our hands and the things work fine for anyone who gets on it 99% of the time.
The only issues I've seen with a Giant bike are when a store hasn't finished the build off properly and the bike enters the wilderness incorrectly tuned and then has shit hung on it because the local bike store has employed a mongo to prepare their bikes.
You pick any discipline and I'll bring a Giant along and we'll see how they compare to your bike and more importantly........your skill level.

To add to this; a simple check of your posting history suggests you haven't dealt with many other brands and realised the value that is spoken of. Experience counts with this stuff so I suggest you start running your mouth when you've tried everything on offer.

Last edited:

swatto90

Likes Dirt
winner

ding ding ding we have a winner.
so what about all the race wins that are won on giants. go to your local, state, national and international races and you will see giants in the top 5 every time

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
every time i walk into a LBS they try and flog me a Giant, "you cant get these components for this type of money anywhere else" they tell me!
How about walking into a shop that doesn't sell Giant then?

I'm getting kind of sick of it, i see Giants as mass produced slapped together POS. A few high spec parts bolted onto a frame does'nt make a good bike!
So what does? Lowly spec'd parts bolted to a frame? *shrug*

whats happening here is that Giant is pushing LBS into selling because they provide a better profit margin than other bikes, (because of the volume they produce) to me its the most K-mart of all of the brands available.

I'd be embarasded to ride one, i may aswell have a sticker on the bike saying "Sucker & Newbie"

that's my opinion anyway..
We all have something to contribute, however next time your contribution should be silence.....

DeBloot

Feeling old
Quote: Well, the simple fact is you're wrong and need kicking in the head.

Thank you rotofark
You've brightened up my day

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Ignore the haters, anferne85, they've all been brainwashed by the mass marketing.

I was one of those poor soles too but your well informed, thought out post has opened my eyes and changed my whole outlook on life. I here by declare you my new mentor and guru

Status
Not open for further replies.